Alan M

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Edinburgh
Hi All - I'm a year down the line with Sony. Been with Nikon since digital took off and moved from D750 to A73 and now on A7R3. Both are very good but a few focus issues on the 7R3 & 70-200 GM f2.8 that annoy me and which I'm trying to get to the bottom of but haven't yet. Long term Fujifilm X-series user as well.

Welcome Alan! I visited your fair country in April, but it seems I was a bit early for "Spring" 😅 Still had a blast trying to see as much as possible in 6 days.
What kind of photography are you into? Portraits? Landscapes?
Cheers,
Chris

Hi Alan they are a friendly bunch on here if you have any questions sure someone will find an answer
welcome-captain.gif

Welcome Alan , look forward to seeing some of your work

Welcome Alan! I visited your fair country in April, but it seems I was a bit early for "Spring" 😅 Still had a blast trying to see as much as possible in 6 days.
What kind of photography are you into? Portraits? Landscapes?
Cheers,
Chris
Our seasons tend to follow less of a pattern these days - not much of winter this year at all and Sprinh sprung in May. Lots to cram into a 6 day visit - hope you enjoyed. I photograph whatever I see so hugely varied portfolio - landscapes, people, buildings, planes, trains mostly though.
Cheers
Alan

Welcome Alan , look forward to seeing some of your work
The images in the Gallery are pretty good - not sure mine are up to the required standard but will sort out a few!

Hi Alan they are a friendly bunch on here if you have any questions sure someone will find an answer
welcome-captain.gif
Will soon find out - I need help on why my 7R3 can't focus when I need it to! Just gathering my thoughts before I post a request for help.

F-18 shots at Prestwick are great BTW. Didn't know they were due or else I might have made the trip across.
Cheers
Alan

Welcome Alan and thank you for joining up here and saying hello to us all. How are you getting on with your a7R III and the focus issues now?

Hi Tony - still having issues - focus performance is very inconsistent and I'm losing good shots as result. I'm slowly working though all possible causes before posting a query. Issue is quite simply the camera will not focus consistently on a subject be it people standing still or a Lancaster bomber trundling down a runway. And a Lancaster is a pretty big subject not to be able to focus on!

Hi Tony - still having issues - focus performance is very inconsistent and I'm losing good shots as result. I'm slowly working though all possible causes before posting a query. Issue is quite simply the camera will not focus consistently on a subject be it people standing still or a Lancaster bomber trundling down a runway. And a Lancaster is a pretty big subject not to be able to focus on!
Alan, I know this might be a daft question do you have a filter on the lens some UV filters can cause problems

Alan, I know this might be a daft question do you have a filter on the lens some UV filters can cause problems
No such thing as a daft suggestion on this one. All my lenses have a UV filter - either bog standard Calumet or Hoya digital. Issue is happening with 70-200 f2.8 and 24-105 f4. I thought it was restricted to 70-200 but no, its not. Body is 7R3A.

Back