Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Fun fact about me: I collect rum. I'm no millionaire, but I've got a couple dozen bottles of varying origins and ages. I recently took delivery of this 007 Limited Edition Blackwell Rum (Jamaican), and I thought to myself, "Maybe I want to try a still life setting to showcase this rum?" I thought, what's typical "Bond" material? All I had was the liquor itself, a James Bond box set of blueray discs, and a toy pistol. I whipped this together with my a6400 and Sony 35mm f1.8 on a tripod with a mini led panel handheld at 45 degrees. Feedback is welcome.
DSC04312_5x7.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 35mm F1.8 OSS
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 6/10 sec
  • ISO 100
DSC04320_5x7.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 35mm F1.8 OSS
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 250

FowlersFreeTime

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Administrator, if the picture with the toy gun is found to be offensive, I apologize in advance and if you need to delete it, I understand.

FowlersFreeTime

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Toy guns!!
Haha yes indeed. Though now I wish it was a replica of the iconic Walther PPK, but only a real cinema nerd (or gun collector) would care for the difference.

Jeff A

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
I'm not a cinema nerd but I am one gun short of a good collection. Thanks, I appreciate seeing a fine firearm just like I appreciatre a fine camera or lens, which reminds me, I'm one lens short of what I really need also. :cool:

FowlersFreeTime

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
That hardwood floor looks wonderful. It must be old but restored well.
Its actually a table! I love the look of reclaimed wood; I have this theme running from my dining room to my bar area. I was even thinking of going dumpster diving for pallets to create some photography backdrops at some point this year.

Reactions: FFN

NewA73user

Followers
Following
Jan 5, 2021
Name
NewToSony
Country
United States
City/State
California
Fun fact about me: I collect rum. I'm no millionaire, but I've got a couple dozen bottles of varying origins and ages. I recently took delivery of this 007 Limited Edition Blackwell Rum (Jamaican), and I thought to myself, "Maybe I want to try a still life setting to showcase this rum?" I thought, what's typical "Bond" material? All I had was the liquor itself, a James Bond box set of blueray discs, and a toy pistol. I whipped this together with my a6400 and Sony 35mm f1.8 on a tripod with a mini led panel handheld at 45 degrees. Feedback is welcome.
View attachment 5122 View attachment 5123
Ah NICE!! (all three)
Didn't try Blackwell ..used to drink Old Monk rum, cheers !(y)

Reactions: FowlersFreeTime

FFN

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Jan 3, 2021
Name
Jim Troxell
Its actually a table! I love the look of reclaimed wood; I have this theme running from my dining room to my bar area. I was even thinking of going dumpster diving for pallets to create some photography backdrops at some point this year.
Be careful with pallets. Many are treated with toxic chemicals for pest control.

Reactions: FowlersFreeTime

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.