5 mins in garden one low rate burst sony a9 lea-5 300 2.8 g wide open little robin visitor

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

spudhead

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 28, 2020
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Lots of detail in these images Gary! Looks like a cracking lens. I'm surprised Sony hasn't come out with an e-mount version yet.

spudhead

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 28, 2020
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of detail in these images Gary! Looks like a cracking lens. I'm surprised Sony hasn't come out with an e-mount version yet.
I do not think these are as sharp as they can be but given rain was on its way and it was much darker than it looks it all good. If sony make a 300 2.8 e-mount once again I think its price point will be a lot higher than the a-mount g2 which was £ 6.500.00 and beyond a lot of us, mine is the g1 and I bought when everyone was leaving a-mount so a fraction of the cost. It faster to hit focus than the 200-600 on the a9 and the light difference even at this time of year lets me stay out till 8.30 pm, not that I ever get away from work even at weekends.

iain clyne

Followers
Following
Apr 9, 2022
Name
Iain Clyne
The images look ok considering the weather we had today.

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
I do not think these are as sharp as they can be but given rain was on its way and it was much darker than it looks it all good. If sony make a 300 2.8 e-mount once again I think its price point will be a lot higher than the a-mount g2 which was £ 6.500.00 and beyond a lot of us, mine is the g1 and I bought when everyone was leaving a-mount so a fraction of the cost. It faster to hit focus than the 200-600 on the a9 and the light difference even at this time of year lets me stay out till 8.30 pm, not that I ever get away from work even at weekends.
You are certainly right about the price. It looks like a few places are still selling the 300mm f2.8 G SSM II lens, cheapest is £5000. Certainly not small change! Interesting to hear how fast it is even with the adapter. I hope you don't have to work too many weekends this summer Gary!

Reactions: spudhead

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.