Aviation 92-1453. & 1454 USAF Lockheed C130H Hercules departs Prestwick for home after gas n go. 4/3/21 Takeoffs Update

WeeMalky

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Malcolm Yates
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Prestwick . Ayrshire Scotland
CC Welcome
  1. No
SA903562.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 230.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 100
SA903616.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 332.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Malcom, you're nothing but an Airport Bum! I knew there was something I liked about you!.

Malcom, you're nothing but an Airport Bum! I knew there was something I liked about you!.
I am fortunate that I only live a 10minute walk from the airport Jeff the airport surrounded by countryside and the sea to the west about 1/2 mile from the runway cant be bad 👍

That's really nice. Lot's of opportunities.

Attachments

• Prestwick.jpg
    Prestwick.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 50
I might have flown in there before. Do you know the ICAO Identifier for the airport....standby ....Got it. EGPK. I'll search my log book.

Well Malcom, I have visited your airport at least three times, maybe more. In June of 2002 I spent two nights in your city, then in July of 2003 we spent another night and finally in June of 2005 we stayed for another two nights. Regretfully, that was probably my last visit. Is there an annual Golfing event that takes that time of year?

Well Malcom, I have visited your airport at least three times, maybe more. In June of 2002 I spent two nights in your city, then in July of 2003 we spent another night and finally in June of 2005 we stayed for another two nights. Regretfully, that was probably my last visit. Is there an annual Golfing event that takes that time of year?
There are many golf courses around Jeff. Prestwick is the home of golf and there is Royal Troon and many others and don't forget Trump
Turnberry just down the road

There are many golf courses around Jeff. Prestwick is the home of golf and there is Royal Troon and many others and don't forget Trump
Turnberry just down the road
Well my memory has faded with time but the Gentlemen I used to fly for (Scott McNealy, CEO of Sun Microsystems) was rated by Golf Magazine as the best CEO golfer in the US for a few years. Consequently, he had many golfing invitations. There was an annual event in your area where the golfers played 3 courses (36 holes each) in one day. He would do this every year. I don't remember the details. Have you heard of such an event? It may have been a Charity event but again, not sure.

Well my memory has faded with time but the Gentlemen I used to fly for (Scott McNealy, CEO of Sun Microsystems) was rated by Golf Magazine as the best CEO golfer in the US for a few years. Consequently, he had many golfing invitations. There was an annual event in your area where the golfers played 3 courses (36 holes each) in one day. He would do this every year. I don't remember the details. Have you heard of such an event? It may have been a Charity event but again, not sure.
Jeff the only thing I could find was a mention of the company had taken over Skibo Castle in Scotland for a golf marathon to raise money for children’s charities. There are so many events in the area that they don't always get a mention. What type of plane was it you flew I have contacts that may have it in their archive if it's of interest to you.

Jeff the only thing I could find was a mention of the company had taken over Skibo Castle in Scotland for a golf marathon to raise money for children’s charities. There are so many events in the area that they don't always get a mention. What type of plane was it you flew I have contacts that may have it in their archive if it's of interest to you.
No problem Malcom. I'll ask him as we communicate a bit. I'll get you a picture of the aircraft, in Scotland no less.

Back