A Blue (Something) :)

boomerallegnal

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Steve
I am new, I mean like 2 weeks new to photography. I am taking a course online (Udemy Photography Masterclass and an Affinity Photo course). I went out the other day randomly shooting trying to learn and get a feel for the camera (Sony a6400) using different shutter speeds and aperture, shutter speed and ISO. I have to say, I have a new respect and appreciation for photographers. My pictures looked horrible. This was the best one I took and I tried to mess around with Affinity Photo. I want to look back on this in a year and see the progress and improvement. So go easy on me :). What advice, constructive criticism would you give in order to make this a better photo? And what size should I be saving my photos in Affinity for posting? Thanks! Steve.

Attachments

• SGL00161.jpg
    SGL00161.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 50
A pretty flower, but did you change the color in Affinity? just curious what it looked like naturally.

A pretty flower, but did you change the color in Affinity? just curious what it looked like naturally.
yes I did change color :). I thought that is what most people do. Again, a rookie and clueless. Here is the original. I was trying to learn Affinity as well and used some of the LUTs and other options.

Attachments

• SGL00159.JPG
    SGL00159.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 50
You've got the Bokeh thing going on, that's good. The little sprouts in the foreground are a bit distracting. Professional photographers have a tool for that. A Swiss Army Knife. :)

Say, you're doing the right thing. Keep it up. I think the right online course can be very beneficial. I'm pretty much a Newbie myself and I took an Anthony Morganti course in Lightroom, "Mastering Lightroom Classic CC". What a wonderful course, and it was free. Have fun with your new camera and your new hobby. I wish that I had started years ago, then I might have actually learned something by now. Maybe.

Last edited:
You've got the Bokeh thing going on, that's good. The little sprouts in the foreground are a bit distracting. Professional photographers have a tool for that. A Swiss Army Knife. :)

Say, you're doing the right thing. Keep it up. I think the right online course can be very beneficial. I'm pretty much a Newbie myself and I took an Anthony Morganti course in Lightroom, "Mastering Lightroom Classic CC". What a wonderful course, and it was free. Have fun with your new camera and your new hobby. I wish that I had stated years ago, then I might have actually learned something by now. Maybe.
Thanks! I know I have a long way to go. But it is fun learning and thanks for the comments!

Back