Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
After chasing some birds here in Australia I have found I need to get just some more reach.
I know once I am use to that one I will be looking for more, but then the cost would put a swift end to that.

So I am after the Sony 200/600mm lens for birding. I like this one as it will work with the Sony 1.4 teleconveter as well.
And This one I am not real sure of but I would like a dedicated Macro lens.
When I had the DSLR A77ii I has a macro lens but sadly I have forgot what it was.

So I would like one of them so if I can't get out bush I can set a few things up as home and spend my day this way.
The Bigger lens is needed as I think a few people from here are on the forum and if they have come across the Babblers they will know this story so well.
These birds just seem to know what lens you are using, lets say its me with the 400mm lens.
They must go right he's got a 400mm lens so stay 500mm in from so he can't get a shot.
I have chased them around and this happens nearly every time.

The also is a Bird called the Greater Blue Bonnet and this is sort of the same but you can get them with a longer reaching lens.
Due to the will sit on branches while you are a distance away. But no sooner do you get closer they are off and into the middle of thick shrubs.
So these are on my hit list. I am in no real hurry for the Macro but I would love to be riding around with the longer ranger lens as soon as funds are there.
Oh one other thing would be that Apollo stop motion thing I see. I would love to get that as a birthday or Fathers Day present from the kids even if they went half each.
So this is what I would like to get inef these days.

Never heard of the Babblers so just looked them up. Looks like you have an interesting challenge!

Johnathan t
Apex & Ettiwanda 6-09-2021 (649).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100
his is the White-browed Babbler that surprised me by landing in a tree I was just walking under.

Well, aren't you the fortunate one! :LOL: Nice shot.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back