A Friday Night In Glasgow Scotland 🤔

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Aussie

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 9, 2020
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Victoria
Not a complaint about the quality of the photo in any way.
But what are the kids of today thinking. Unless they were heading to a fancy dress party but then the young fella, well I think it is a young fella could have been a little more better dress. Each to their own these days.

WeeMalky

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 10, 2020
Name
Malcolm Yates
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Prestwick . Ayrshire Scotland
Not a complaint about the quality of the photo in any way.
But what are the kids of today thinking. Unless they were heading to a fancy dress party but then the young fella, well I think it is a young fella could have been a little more better dress. Each to their own these days.
Just a normal Friday night for some Ralph quite a few Goths in Glasgow. Just a generational thing when I think back to the 60/70 with long hair ??

Reactions: Aussie

Hank

Followers
Following
Feb 10, 2022
Name
Hank
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney, New South Wales
I believe there are a few factors at play here Aussie. If you asked theses young people, they would probably say they felt like they didn't fit in with a "regular" crowd, maybe they had low self esteem from being bullied, so they lean into their difference and take it further and then they link up with like minded people (like this 3) and feel like they have found "their people" where they are accepted. It is also a mask to hide insecurity behind. It isn't a criticism of these young folks, I have 4 kids around their ages who have all gone through similar things, so I have observed this behaviour for 15-20 years.

As a photographer on the street, you could stop them and say "Hey! I love your outfit, may I take your picture?" It lifts them up and you get a cool photo, unless of course you want completely candid shots only.

Reactions: Jeff A and WeeMalky

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.