Sony A-Mount Sony A-mount Dead

There is some superb Minolta glass out there too play with too.

Yeah, there are Minolta lens' from the 80's still floating around out there.

My main cameras are a pair of A-200's so I have a LOT of A-mount stuff to go through!

I still have my Minolta 700si with lenses and flash i cant wait for the LA-EA5 so i can use them on my a7iii

I still have my Minolta 700si with lenses and flash i cant wait for the LA-EA5 so i can use them on my a7iii

I've still got a 700si Body, sold my lenses, wish I hadn't now :)

I’m just back to try my luck again after a ~3 year hiatus. Was disappointed with my a300 and decided to buy an a77 that I happened upon and am now on the hunt for some more Minolta glass to add to the bag.
I can’t see myself going to e mount for some time. A99ii maybe if I see an outstanding deal but for now I’m absolutely loving the 77.

Does anyone think it’s foolish of me to keep investing in an obsolete system?

I’m just back to try my luck again after a ~3 year hiatus. Was disappointed with my a300 and decided to buy an a77 that I happened upon and am now on the hunt for some more Minolta glass to add to the bag.
I can’t see myself going to e mount for some time. A99ii maybe if I see an outstanding deal but for now I’m absolutely loving the 77.

Does anyone think it’s foolish of me to keep investing in an obsolete system?
Well I am someone who had a Nikon D70 for 15 years till the sensor started going bad. My choice was be without a camera and try and get this fixed or buy new. I had no idea the advancements that had been made. I will not go back but might find out how much to fix the Nikon, just to play around with it. Just a perspective on obsolete systems.

Well I am someone who had a Nikon D70 for 15 years till the sensor started going bad. My choice was be without a camera and try and get this fixed or buy new. I had no idea the advancements that had been made. I will not go back but might find out how much to fix the Nikon, just to play around with it. Just a perspective on obsolete systems.

I guess it really all depends on each individual. I forgot I’m amongst professionals and serious hobbyists. I guess my budget is directly correlated to my experience which is one reason I’m sticking to A mount.

If I made my living on photography, I’m sure I’d think much differently.

If you love it, keep shooting with it! The more people move to E-mount, the more used gear will be available to you.

Speaking of, I have a Minolta 300mm prime f2.8 that I may be looking to sell at some point in the next year or so. It's the very last version they made, so it has full AF functionality with modern bodies -- FAB lens and kind of hard to find. I have used it with my A77 and A55 for several years, but am slowly converting to E as I upgrade.

I loved my A77 and A99II but having exchanged them both for the A7R3 I have to admit my new mistress is very beguiling (y)

I have the a99ii and its an awesome camera , I use it with sony 300 mm 2.8 and minolta 400 mm 4.5 and sigma 500 mm 4.5 and many more primes, and 70-400 mm g2 I also use the a7iii and just this week the la-e5 adaptor seems good with the 300mm 2.8 but early days, only having 60 mins use so far, I think the a99ii will be with me until it quits.

Back