Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
I carry a second camera on my belt at the track using a Peak Design Capture Clip. In my haste at the last event I failed to fully tighten one of the thumbscrews and it worked it's way out. I retraced my steps over and over trying to find it, but no luck.

I checked PD's website for parts, and while they list the thumbscrews they only show them for Version II, and I have Version III. I figured they were likely the same, but being short on time between events I thought it best to contact PD and make sure rather than waste a week. I explained the situation and asked them to identify the correct set so I could purchase them. I didn't ask for them to be replaced.

Their response was pretty amazing and reminiscent of times gone by, when customer service was a concern. They said that while thumbscrews aren't usually lost it does happen. Unfortunately they aren't part of their lifetime replacement warranty, but nonetheless offered to send me a set for free, no cost, no shipping.

I think that's pretty cool. The thumbscrews came yesterday, and they fit perfectly. Good news is they sent a set and I only need one, so the next time I act stupidly, I'll have another replacement.

Kudos to PD.

I carry a second camera on my belt at the track using a Peak Design Capture Clip. In my haste at the last event I failed to fully tighten one of the thumbscrews and it worked it's way out. I retraced my steps over and over trying to find it, but no luck.

I checked PD's website for parts, and while they list the thumbscrews they only show them for Version II, and I have Version III. I figured they were likely the same, but being short on time between events I thought it best to contact PD and make sure rather than waste a week. I explained the situation and asked them to identify the correct set so I could purchase them. I didn't ask for them to be replaced.

Their response was pretty amazing and reminiscent of times gone by, when customer service was a concern. They said that while thumbscrews aren't usually lost it does happen. Unfortunately they aren't part of their lifetime replacement warranty, but nonetheless offered to send me a set for free, no cost, no shipping.

I think that's pretty cool. The thumbscrews came yesterday, and they fit perfectly. Good news is they sent a set and I only need one, so the next time I act stupidly, I'll have another replacement.

Kudos to PD.
Excellent service. I wish I'd known. I've lost 2! My theory is that as we walk the screws get caught by moving arms/garments and gradually come undone. It's the only thing I can think of.

Kudos to PD.
I have had similar service from them in the past and it made no difference that I was in the UK :)

Excellent service. I wish I'd known. I've lost 2! My theory is that as we walk the screws get caught by moving arms/garments and gradually come undone. It's the only thing I can think of.
My theory is that I'm a dumbass! I simply didn't tighten it. I recall at one point trying to get the camera off the clip and it didn't want to clear, I had to keep messing with it. Since it can be a bit finicky when it's on a narrow waist belt I didn't think much about it at the time, but in retrospect, I'll be that was the screw head hanging it up.

The set they sent me actually has some flush-mount hex head screws as well for permanent tightening. You may want to check into those if yours is staying mounted. I take mine off every time so I have to use the thumbscrews.

Fantastic customer care from them, and great to also see you giving them appraisal. I find people only bring up complaints with companies these days and almost never acknowledge when they're delivering a brilliant service. Nice stuff from both parties. 🥇

Fantastic customer care from them, and great to also see you giving them appraisal. I find people only bring up complaints with companies these days and almost never acknowledge when they're delivering a brilliant service. Nice stuff from both parties. 🥇
It's as much for you guys as them. I figure if there's a company taking care of photographers as a community, we should do what we can to patronize them.

Back