Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
The A6000 from KEH was supposed to come with the charging cord, instead they sent a Wasabi wall charger with a Sony battery. The charger light turns green telling me the battery is charged, but it only reaches 72% in the camera. I am assuming since this is a Sony battery the scale in the camera is correct. The only two things I can think of is something not working between the Charger and battery, or the battery is shot and won't take a full charge. Anyone else ever have this issue?

I bought a set of Wasabi batteries and USB charger, but it won't be here for a few days.

I have the OEM battery and two third-party batteries with a USB charger, not sure if its wasabi brand. Mine displays battery charging status in 4 bars. I find that it always charges either battery, but sometimes it doesn't always tell me the correct percentage on the charger if its not seated correctly.

You know, if you currently only have one battery, you could technically just leave it plugged into your PC via USB cable and it will charge your battery too, albeit slowly.

I have the OEM battery and two third-party batteries with a USB charger, not sure if its wasabi brand. Mine displays battery charging status in 4 bars. I find that it always charges either battery, but sometimes it doesn't always tell me the correct percentage on the charger if its not seated correctly.

You know, if you currently only have one battery, you could technically just leave it plugged into your PC via USB cable and it will charge your battery too, albeit slowly.
In this case there's no scale on the charger, red light for charging and green for charged. Your charger may be a Power Extra, they have charge bars on theirs. Maybe try a Q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol and clean the contacts on the charger and batteries. I had a battery that didn't want to make contact and that fixed it.

Regarding the USB/mini USB cable, the camera was supposed to come with one per their listing but it didn't. I am going to call them today and discuss the battery issue and ask about the cable. I don't know if it's a regular USB cable or if it's proprietary. If it's regular cable I more than likely have one that'll fit.

In this case there's no scale on the charger, red light for charging and green for charged. Your charger may be a Power Extra, they have charge bars on theirs. Maybe try a Q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol and clean the contacts on the charger and batteries. I had a battery that didn't want to make contact and that fixed it.

Regarding the USB/mini USB cable, the camera was supposed to come with one per their listing but it didn't. I am going to call them today and discuss the battery issue and ask about the cable. I don't know if it's a regular USB cable or if it's proprietary. If it's regular cable I more than likely have one that'll fit.
Its a regular USB cable. You might have one lying around the house. Only thing I found out with trying to use old cables is that some OLD USB cables (from phone chargers for example) allowed the camera to charge, but didn't allow the data connection with the PC.

Its a regular USB cable. You might have one lying around the house. Only thing I found out with trying to use old cables is that some OLD USB cables (from phone chargers for example) allowed the camera to charge, but didn't allow the data connection with the PC.
Thanks. I have several USB>mini USB cables from other cameras, I may give one a try. I'm mostly concerned that any overcharge communication isn't negated, although I would think that will happen in the camera. Data transfer isn't an issue for me, I just put the CD card in the slot on the computer to transfer.

Hoping to get some shots today and try it out, but the weather isn't cooperating at this point.

Just got off the phone with KEH. They said that it's normal for them to include batteries that don't take 100% charge since everything is used. He said Lithium batteries get old and don't recharge 100%. That may be true, but I have abused camera batteries for years and never had one do this. I'm disappointed in that response, especially since the camera was listed in EX condition. I'm going to let it go and keep it in mind for future purchases. If the camera was listed as EX + or LN, I would insist on a different battery. No matter, the Wasabi were $20 for 2 with the charger, including shipping.

He said the USB > Mini USB is not proprietary, so I'll try it tonight. I'll try Data and Charging just for the heck of it, and if either fail I'll insist they send one since the listing included it. If not, then I'm good. I don't need another one laying around.

Cool. I plugged it in via USB when I got home and in about a half hour it was up to 96%. I'll check again with the new charger when it comes, but at this point I'm thinking it's the charger.

Back