Sony A6400 A6400 paired with the Sony 200-600

Lee H

Followers
Following
Name
Lee Hanley
Hello everyone, I am looking to purchase the 200-600 lens to pair with my a6400.
I would appreciate any feedback on these two paired together, as in sample photos what modes work best, what metering mode, what focus points etc that work the best?
Tia
Lee

Absolutely I agree what is your thoughts if you use the lens

I use this lens with a 6600 which is similar but has IBIS. To be honest, I'm struggling to get pin sharp images. Certainly not as sharp as Kev's, who although using full frame, often shoots in crop mode.

It may be technique, or it may be settings, but I feel I got better results with my old nikon d500 and sigma 150-500, similar sensor, and less well regarded (but in no way a bad) lens.

Schools still out for me and I may well be missing something

I use it on occasions with my A6400 but find the 100-400 pairs better. I'm using 1/640 (S priority), as a base shutter speed on birds and wildlife and increase with birds in flight etc. Use spot tracking and zone tracking mainly and vary between multi metering and spot depending on circumstances.

Now that you guys mention it... I do find it more comfortable to have the option to zoom out as much as possible, as when you're at over 300mm, it's quite easy to lose track of the subject, and I do tend to zoom back to about 70-100mm

Back