Name
Javier Vicencio
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas, Texas
I have a question:
Camera a7 III
is it possible to save color JPGs on slot 1 WHILE at the same time save the same photos in black and white on slot 2?
Is there a way to do this?

You get the choice of JPEG or RAW to either slot but a jpeg is a jpeg so I'd say not. I've not seen anything in the menus to suggest it's possible reither.

There is no way of doing that, at least, automatically. Anyway, there is a workaround.

You have to save RAW to one card and jpg to the other (Rec media settings - Menu 5 - tab 6).

Then, choose Creative Style (Menu 1, tab 12) and select B&W. In that way, both pictures will be B&W (RAW and JPG), but RAW keeps all the color info, so with Lightroom or any other editing software you can recover the color version. There, you can apply the same process to all the pictures in the RAW card, so, they will be imported as color, while jpg card is all B&W.

Hope that helps

I just shoot in colour, and convert to monochrome in Photoshop later - but always visualizing what the image would look like in B/W before shooting.
Like this one :-

Attachments

• Redcar Steel works.jpg
    Redcar Steel works.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 64
There is no way of doing that, at least, automatically. Anyway, there is a workaround.

You have to save RAW to one card and jpg to the other (Rec media settings - Menu 5 - tab 6).

Then, choose Creative Style (Menu 1, tab 12) and select B&W. In that way, both pictures will be B&W (RAW and JPG), but RAW keeps all the color info, so with Lightroom or any other editing software you can recover the color version. There, you can apply the same process to all the pictures in the RAW card, so, they will be imported as color, while jpg card is all B&W.

Hope that helps
Thanks!!

Back