Sony A7 IV A7 IV Box Not Sealed

albpez378

Followers
Following
Name
Alberto Lopez
Hi Guys,

I would like to share my purchasing experience.

I switched from Canon to Sony this year (2022) and I bought the Sony a7 IV and the 70-200 GM II and none of the boxes came sealed. Everything looks good, brand new, nothing weird. Last week I bought the new 24-70 GM II and it caught my attention that also the box came not sealed.

All items looks fantastic and nothing wrong with them, also, I purchased the items in a physical store, same store but different locations. So I am not sure if that something related with that store or if it is Sony that do not seal their boxes.

AL.

Sometimes they come sealed, sometimes not. Providing you bought it from a reputable dealer and everything looks like new and not repackaged I wouldn't worry about it. My 70-200 GM II box didn't have a seal but my a7IV box did.

I don't remember my cameras being sealed. If you have doubts about the camera, run a shutter count utility on it.

Sony Alpha Shutter count tool

I have purchased a fair bit of Sony gear, and the camera boxes were often sealed (I think that’s because I am often buying very early in the model lifecycle, and the seals are to discourage nosy people?), but none of the lenses were.

I don't remember my cameras being sealed. If you have doubts about the camera, run a shutter count utility on it.

Sony Alpha Shutter count tool
Wow Jeff, What a great idea! I didn't know that a tool like that exist. Thank you for let me know.

By the way, I have saved the first photo that I took with this Sony camera that as I commented it didn't come sealed but looks perfect and nothing weird with it, anyway, I used the tool you provided with the first image I shoot and said 4 mechanical shutter, which is great, how I guessed, everything looks good but not sealed.

Thank you again, and by the way my last image counted 41609.

Last edited:
Back