A7iii User lusting for an A9ii

PeejayOz

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Smailes
Thanks for the add, I have ben using the A7iii for 12 months now, and love the quality of the A911 (and the 400 2.8.. And the 600 F4).
Hope I can add some to my collection soon! Main interest birds in flight, landscapes..
Thanks
Phil

Welcome to the Forum Phil. I too have just passed the first 12 months of ownership on my A7 III. It's a marvelous camera. Having said that, I'm on fire for the new A7 IV. It doesn't mean that I dislike the A7 III. I mark it up to as that GAS disease. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) I'm weak and susceptible.

Thanks for the add, I have ben using the A7iii for 12 months now, and love the quality of the A911 (and the 400 2.8.. And the 600 F4).
Hope I can add some to my collection soon! Main interest birds in flight, landscapes..
Thanks
Phil
yep all the lenses would be great but there is not much chance of me buying those anytime soon , so what do you think the a9ii has over the a9 given the price difference?

yep all the lenses would be great but there is not much chance of me buying those anytime soon , so what do you think the a9ii has over the a9 given the price difference?
I am in the early stages of puppy love with the upper models, in reality the A7iii is being held back by me. I have an Olympus EM1X, it has some amazing tech built in (1 to 5 stop ND filter, Live Composite mode…..), but the sensor struggles with noise. I have shot the A7iii up to 12800 ISO, blown away by the results. Plus, I don’t see away of smuggling another camera into the house at this stage!

Welcome to the Forum Phil. I too have just passed the first 12 months of ownership on my A7 III. It's a marvelous camera. Having said that, I'm on fire for the new A7 IV. It doesn't mean that I dislike the A7 III. I mark it up to as that GAS disease. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) I'm weak and susceptible.
Thanks Jeff, I think the A7iv hits a sweet spot in many aspects. The 7iii is far more capable than I, and I should concentrate on trying to find its limits.

Welcome Phil and thanks for joining up here! The a7III really is a great all-rounder and the new a7IV looks like it's going to improve on that a little! :)

Back