A7iv Focusing problem

Harry Oldmeadow

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Harry Oldmeadow
Despite choosing "Centre Fix" in the Focus area menu, my camera (A7iv) intermittently insists on moving the focus area elsewhere — the little green box slides down or up or sideways. I want the focus area to always remain in the center. How do I lock this in?? (I can't find an intelligible answer in the Sony manual.) Would appreciate some help on this minor bt very irritating and frustrating problem. I fear modern technology is getting back at me for my long history as a Luddite. But don't get me wrong, I love my camera!

Do you have the touch focus feature on and your nose is touching the screen while you use the viewfinder? You can make it use just part of the screen for touch (i.e. just the right-hand side).

I'm guessing like me you are unintentially moving the 'joystick' while using the viewfinder or have touch screen activated and brushing that with your nose or cheek.

Do you have the touch focus feature on and your nose is touching the screen while you use the viewfinder? You can make it use just part of the screen for touch (i.e. just the right-hand side).
That all sounds pretty plausible. You've probably solved my problem. Appreciate your help.Thanks.

Thanks heaps — much appreciated.

Back