Followers
Following
Name
Michael S Fousie
Country
United States
City/State
Portland . Oregon
I've look high and low on forums, vendor sites and blogs. So far as I can tell there are no reliable remote shutter releases for the Sony a7IV. Can this be so? Perhaps I'm looking too early after the camera was released. It's extremely frustrating not to have good information on a basic accessory for this camera.
Also another question, is there a dedicated forum for the Sony a7IV within the Alpha Shooters website? or am I just so out of it that I can't find it?

I've look high and low on forums, vendor sites and blogs. So far as I can tell there are no reliable remote shutter releases for the Sony a7IV. Can this be so? Perhaps I'm looking too early after the camera was released. It's extremely frustrating not to have good information on a basic accessory for this camera.
Also another question, is there a dedicated forum for the Sony a7IV within the Alpha Shooters website? or am I just so out of it that I can't find it?
OK, I have two of them. There first one is here, and the second one is here. I got the first one as soon as I got my A7 III, and for Christmas I got the second because you can walk around and video with it or, set it on the ground to shoot low angle photos. Both are great. Google is your friend.

Thanks for that Jeff. I haven't found any of the remotes you mentioned where the manufacturer states they work with the a7IV. I'm hoping you've tried them with your a7IV to verify they're good to go. That would be great. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Can you not remotely drive it with the phone app. (I don't have A7IV so I can't check).

Thanks for that Jeff. I haven't found any of the remotes you mentioned where the manufacturer states they work with the a7IV. I'm hoping you've tried them with your a7IV to verify they're good to go. That would be great. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I have used them on my A7III and A7IV

Thanks for checking and very good to know. I think it's odd that Sony doesn't come out and recommend their remote triggers instead of having us spend nearly $80. to find out for ourselves.
Based on your experience I'll place an order for the RMT-P1BT Wireless Remote Commander for $78. Fingers Crossed!

Thanks for checking and very good to know. I think it's odd that Sony doesn't come out and recommend their remote triggers instead of having us spend nearly $80. to find out for ourselves.
Based on your experience I'll place an order for the RMT-P1BT Wireless Remote Commander for $78. Fingers Crossed!
Good luck finding one. I tried to order one and was told that Sony has no estimates for further delivery of this product.

I ordered a Sony RMT-P1BT from Bristol Cameras in UK, took about 2 weeks from the order going in. It works great with the A7IV although I think it's overpriced.

We did used to have a dedicated forum for the a7 IV but after a few suggestions decided to include all the a7 models in one single forum and instead use the pre-fixes to filter content for specific models. If you select filter then pre-fix (a7 IV) this will only display a7 IV content.

Thanks for that Jeff. I haven't found any of the remotes you mentioned where the manufacturer states they work with the a7IV.
You can check the camera compatibility for the Sony RMT-P1BT remote here. It is fully supported with the a7 IV. Works with mine too.

Back