Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney
While this involved a few steps, the savings IMHO more than makes up for the inconvenience. I finally pulled the trigger on the A7Riv last week. And by stacking a price-match, and some rebates/cashbacks, I got the price down to $3860 from $5699, which is the RRP in Australia.

• The Sony online store has a price match feature, and they matched the price from a local retailer in Sydney who had the A7Riv for $4660.
  • Currently, Sony is running a $600 cash back promotion for the A7Riv which ends in early October which takes the price down to $4060.
  • Finally, clicking through a cash back link netted me a 4.5% return, taking the final price down to ~$3860.

It's due to be delivered later today, and I cannot wait!

On a related point, I used to travel internationally for work at least once every 2 months. And so pre-covid, I would've been able to claim the GST back for a further ~$400 saving. That would've been a bonkers price! Oh well...

If any fellow members in Sydney want to know the details to get the same discount, please feel free to PM me. :)

Last edited:
Back