Sony A-Mount Sony A99ii is still a great camera

Muttleyflying

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
I own an A99ii and still think it's one of the best cameras out there,i know plenty of people with top end E mount cameras and my images are no different to theirs.
Since everyone offloaded their A mount glass I've been like a kid in a candy store buying up cheap Zeiss lenses.:D

Interesting isn't it, the pull of E Mount and the way Sony have marketed the E Mount over A Mount. I admit I've fallen for it and I believe I've taken a step up. I moved from A99 II to an A7R3 and similar lenses the SEL100400GM and SEL2470GM. My photography has improved in the 3 months since swapping but it can only be because of my schoolboy excitement of new gadgetry because as you say the technical side of the photos must be the same. Mustn't it?

The only body that interests me is the A7riv but after talking to people who have made the move from the A99ii to the A7riv they say that yes its certainly a step up but in no way worth the money that they had to spend to make the switch.I was very tempted and if the new adapter proves to as good as it is supposed to be then I may well still be tempted to switch bodies.
I still think though this is just me wanting the latest tech rather than making use of a camera that is actually better than me as a photographer hmmm decisions decisions.

I realised I was getting bogged down with the A Mount. I fell for the hype. I don't however regret it. It was of course still a very expensive swap.

Back