Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
So I would like to pick your brains.. I have the A7R4 with the 200-600 and 24-70 lenses, my question is what do you guys & gals recommend for in between…I have been looking at the 70-200 F4, the 70-300 and also the Sigma 100-400..
Looking forward to reading your suggestions..

Sony 100-400mm. Terrific lens! Although I have the 200-600mm as well, I use that lens on a tripod and take the 100-400mm with me when walking around somewhere.

Sony 100-400mm. Terrific lens! Although I have the 200-600mm as well, I use that lens on a tripod and take the 100-400mm with me when walking around somewhere.
That would be my ultimate choice but unfortunately the price is way out of my price range..

What is the focal length gap trying to cover, what are you shooting that you think your missing?
Maybe just a prime would work here like the super sharp 90mm Macro lens or a 135mm Samyang…

I've mulled over this recently, as I am currently aiming to get a Macro to go with the 200 600 and then want something inbetween. The 100 400 is my first thought, but also considering the new Tamron 35 150 f2-2.8, as that's a really nice range.

Thank you for all for your comments…
I have decided to go with the Sony 70-200 F4, I was able to get a used one from Vistek in Toronto for $1200 with a 90 day warranty…

Thank you for all for your comments…
I have decided to go with the Sony 70-200 F4, I was able to get a used one from Vistek in Toronto for $1200 with a 90 day warranty…
Wow that's a great deal, how did you get such a nice price? I see that they have them listed for C$1800

Wow that's a great deal, how did you get such a nice price? I see that they have them listed for C$1800
They had a used one for sale…

I'm really a fan of Prime lenses but one of my lenses is the FE 24-105 G (see the full description in my signature) and I used that lens almost exclusively on my vacation this year and it served me well. It's not too big, and makes for sharp photos if I do my part. I looked at a lot of reviews for this lens and everything I read was very positive. Take a look at this Flickr Album that I shot in the San Juan Islands this summer. I was really a novice (even more so than now) and most of the photos turned out pretty well. This lens fills a void in my other lenses and I'm very happy with it's performance.

That is a lens that I've had on my list ever since the beginning and yet I still haven't gotten around to purchasing one! Definitely before I do any more traveling that will need to change, but in the meantime other lenses have been taking precedence and I've. been buying them as needed to fulfill specific needs (or desires) as I fill in various gaps. I've seen good results from that 24-105mm lens and it looks like an ideal travel lens.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back