Mixed African Wildlife Thread - Post Your Shots Here

View attachment 34305One of the most emotional sightings I've ever had. An elephant "funeral". There were probably 50 ellies that came, in a parade (on the very first day of our arrival at camp - crazy). We assumed this was a brother, or a cousin......he had an incredibly tough time leaving the body. The mom had left (to mill about with others), but this guy was just so sad. He would place his foot gently on the body. Botswana - Jan/23
Such a gripping story with the photo. I find myself trying to only show the beauty of nature in my photos and often unwilling to photograph the sad and harsh aspects of nature, but I guess we really shouldn’t ever forget that nature can be quite harsh at times 😢

Such a gripping story with the photo. I find myself trying to only show the beauty of nature in my photos and often unwilling to photograph the sad and harsh aspects of nature, but I guess we really shouldn’t ever forget that nature can be quite harsh at times 😢
This had "all the emotions". but it didn't feel harsh in person......not like a baby impala kill does. It actually felt gentle. You could "feel" how sad the group was. They would come in line and touch the body. And touch each other in greeting. It was SO quiet. Staff at the camp said the little one was accidentally in the way of two larger males jostling. I felt privileged to have been able to be right there. And to see parade after parade come to give support.

Amazing and heart-rending at the same time.
Really didn't know how to respond to this but I have to acknowledge the extraordinary power and emotional depth of these animals.
Powerfully captured.

_DSC0056.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS
  • 218.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 3200
Just loved this guy and his beautiful black mane. Went from roaring to sleeping sitting up in a matter of seconds though!

My first safari in South Africa, Kruger National Park and our guide stumbled on a leopard mother on her way home to her cubs. The 6 week old youngster was a little afraid at the beginning, since he had never seen people in its life.

0310Geiger (304).jpg
  • ILCA-77M2
  • Sony 70-300mm F4-5.6 G SSM II (SAL70300G2)
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1000

My first safari in South Africa, Kruger National Park and our guide stumbled on a leopard mother on her way home to her cubs. The 6 week old youngster was a little afraid at the beginning, since he had never seen people in its life.
Bet that really set off the Safari Ferrari. Great shot and luck with that.

View attachment 36174
Very special sighting and lovely shot.

View attachment 36174
Absolutely magical. It doesn't get much better than this.

this thread has inspired me to visit the Nairobi National Park, which i havent visited before, Just so that i can come back and contribute here. I am lucky coz i dont even have to fly or drive halfway across the country to visit a National Park, As the National Park is Located Here in my City, the only City in the world with a national Park in it.

Kwara Reserve, Okavango Delta, Botswana - last game drive
_DSC2800.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM3A
  • E 70-180mm F2.8 A056
  • 180.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 160

Last edited:
Back