Any experience in trading gear?

GregS

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Time for a New Year's cleanse... I would like to trade in all of my old system (Olympus, don't judge, I was young...) plus whatever other accessories I have that didn't live up to expectation. Anyone have experience with an online shop who takes in used gear? Ideally for credit on new Sony gear (assuming that is better than getting cash-money.) My short list is KEH, B&H and Adorama. Any others? (I'm in the US, btw.)

Thanks

In the UK, I've used mpb, and I see that they have a usa site

I used BH (worst experience had a fully working camera, I received a broken shutter and broken eye viewfinder). I used MPB and had successfully traded and bought. No experience trading with Adorama.

January 2020 was when I switched out all my Fuji gear for Sony gear. Sony normally has an annual trade-up program that starts sometime in January which helped me out considerably. Thankfully I have a locally owned camera store close by that furthered helped out with the trade in value plus the Sony trade-up bonus. In the process, I was able to help out the camera store since used gear brings in more profit than new gear at the camera stores.

Thanks for the replies. Just finishing up the inventory including how much I originally paid (probably don't want to see that number though...)

Back