Any experience in trading gear?

GregS

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Time for a New Year's cleanse... I would like to trade in all of my old system (Olympus, don't judge, I was young...) plus whatever other accessories I have that didn't live up to expectation. Anyone have experience with an online shop who takes in used gear? Ideally for credit on new Sony gear (assuming that is better than getting cash-money.) My short list is KEH, B&H and Adorama. Any others? (I'm in the US, btw.)

Thanks

ChrisJ

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Chris Jordan
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Cheshire
In the UK, I've used mpb, and I see that they have a usa site

Reactions: GregS

AHPZuazua

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 19, 2020
Name
Reuben Zuazua
Country
United States
City/State
Florida
I used BH (worst experience had a fully working camera, I received a broken shutter and broken eye viewfinder). I used MPB and had successfully traded and bought. No experience trading with Adorama.

pointreyes

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 7, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas/Oregon
January 2020 was when I switched out all my Fuji gear for Sony gear. Sony normally has an annual trade-up program that starts sometime in January which helped me out considerably. Thankfully I have a locally owned camera store close by that furthered helped out with the trade in value plus the Sony trade-up bonus. In the process, I was able to help out the camera store since used gear brings in more profit than new gear at the camera stores.

GregS

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for the replies. Just finishing up the inventory including how much I originally paid (probably don't want to see that number though...)

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.