Sony A7C How to Change Memories 1/2/3

PaulR

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Raffeld
I created a continuous high speed setup in the S setting. Then I saved it to camera memory number 1. All was working, but the setting shows A instead of S in camera memory 1.
So I put my camera in S again, thinking I could simply recall Camera memory 1 into S. But recall memory is greyed out. any ideas?

I created a continuous high speed setup in the S setting. Then I saved it to camera memory number 1. All was working, but the setting shows A instead of S in camera memory 1.
So I put my camera in S again, thinking I could simply recall Camera memory 1 into S. But recall memory is greyed out. any ideas?
Do you mean that you set the top dial to S then tried to save your custom settings? If so, you can't save custom settings to S (Shutter Priority), you can only save them to the custom 1, 2, 3 modes on the top dial. If you select 1 for example, you can then setup the camera as you would like (focus mode, area, shutter speed etc). Then you need to hit the menu > camera settings 1 > MR 1/2 Memory, then register the settings to either 1, 2 or 3. This section in the online manual covers it: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2020/v1/en/contents/TP0001117013.html

Do you mean that you set the top dial to S then tried to save your custom settings? If so, you can't save custom settings to S (Shutter Priority), you can only save them to the custom 1, 2, 3 modes on the top dial. If you select 1 for example, you can then setup the camera as you would like (focus mode, area, shutter speed etc). Then you need to hit the menu > camera settings 1 > MR 1/2 Memory, then register the settings to either 1, 2 or 3. This section in the online manual covers it: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2020/v1/en/contents/TP0001117013.html
Thanks for the reply. I was successful in storing and registering my settings from S to 1. However it happened, I am not sure , but now in my stored and registered 1, A is in there instead of S. How can I change that A back to S without having to change any of the other settings? Is it true that recall memory cannot be used to place the content of 1 back into S. Then I could save the content of S back into 1?

By the way, The camera is so new, that the "online user guide" does not match my menues in many places. So I am guessing as I move on. What I described above is possible on the Canon and Olympus cameras.

Thanks again

Paul

Glad that you managed to save the settings Paul. I'm not sure what's happening with the A/S. I don't have the a7C to check unfortunately. It should be very similar to my a7III though as they use the same menu system.

In my menu I just see a large P which I guess stands for Programmable. Then depending on the focus mode set you will see either AF-S, AF-A, AF-C, DMF or MF. Is this what you mean? If not, maybe if you can send a photo of the back of the screen where you see the A/S as that would help me.

To change the settings you just need to make sure that the mode dial in set to whichever programable mode you want to change, so 1, 2 or 3. Then change your camera settings. So if you wanted to use AF-S hit the Fn button and change the focus mode to AF-S.

You now need to register the settings change otherwise it won't save them. Find MR 1/2 Memory in the menu. Make sure that either 1,2 or 3 are highlighted depending on the one you want to assign, then hit the button in the middle of the control wheel. It should say "Registered" when the settings are saved.

You should now be able to change to other modes on the top dial but when you come back to mode 1 your settings should be as programmed.

Glad that you managed to save the settings Paul. I'm not sure what's happening with the A/S. I don't have the a7C to check unfortunately. It should be very similar to my a7III though as they use the same menu system.

In my menu I just see a large P which I guess stands for Programmable. Then depending on the focus mode set you will see either AF-S, AF-A, AF-C, DMF or MF. Is this what you mean? If not, maybe if you can send a photo of the back of the screen where you see the A/S as that would help me.

To change the settings you just need to make sure that the mode dial in set to whichever programable mode you want to change, so 1, 2 or 3. Then change your camera settings. So if you wanted to use AF-S hit the Fn button and change the focus mode to AF-S.

You now need to register the settings change otherwise it won't save them. Find MR 1/2 Memory in the menu. Make sure that either 1,2 or 3 are highlighted depending on the one you want to assign, then hit the button in the middle of the control wheel. It should say "Registered" when the settings are saved.

You should now be able to change to other modes on the top dial but when you come back to mode 1 your settings should be as programmed.
Thanks for all the help and your time Timothy.

Back