Sony A7 III Assigning the Delete function to a custom button

Celtic imp

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ian Piper
I am gradually getting to know my new camera, and I have been assigning various functions to shortcut buttons. So far so good, but I wanted to be able to set the Delete menu item (under the Playback 1 menu) to a button. I often want to scroll through a set of images, mark the ones I don't want and delete them, so I wanted a direct way to do that. So I thought it would be good to assign a button to the menu that displays "Multiple Img." and "All with this date".

However, this function doesn't seem to be available on a button. I can set Playback to a button, but that just puts the camera into playback mode. Is there an alternative to MENU > Playback > Delete if I want to delete multiple images?

I am gradually getting to know my new camera, and I have been assigning various functions to shortcut buttons. So far so good, but I wanted to be able to set the Delete menu item (under the Playback 1 menu) to a button. I often want to scroll through a set of images, mark the ones I don't want and delete them, so I wanted a direct way to do that. So I thought it would be good to assign a button to the menu that displays "Multiple Img." and "All with this date".

However, this function doesn't seem to be available on a button. I can set Playback to a button, but that just puts the camera into playback mode. Is there an alternative to MENU > Playback > Delete if I want to delete multiple images?

No, sadly the only way to delete multiples is to format the card.

Back