B&W photos not downloading as taken

JerseyGirl007

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Sharon Mahoney
I took B&W creative photos in my A7iii, but when I downloaded them, they were not the same photos. They were in color. What do I need to do to download the photos in the same format as they were taken?

Shoot in Jpeg. If you are shooting RAW although the preview on camera will show as mono, because it's jpeg and therefore processed, the RAW file will always be as the camera saw it.

Ah. Thank you! I'm so bummed though because I really like how they look in camera. I'll know better from now on.

Ah. Thank you! I'm so bummed though because I really like how they look in camera. I'll know better from now on.
No problem. It is a real bummer. One of my old cameras did selective colour extraction in camera, and I loved how they looked on screen, but as soon as I imported they were gone. That's how I learned that you need to shoot in JPeg to keep them.

Is there a way to mimic the settings from photo I captured in post processing? I use Lightroom.

I'm sure there are mono filters in light room, yes, though I'm not an LR user.
I personally use Silver FX Pro, part of Nik Collection for my mono stuff, or play around in Photoshop CC

Back