Best Lens For Wildlife With A Sony A6000...

JaunCarlosPhotography

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Juan Carlos
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
So I am wondering what would be the best investment lens for a Sony A6000 for Wildlife Photography. I have a Sony 55-210Mum kit lens at the moment...🤔

Thank you...

So I am wondering what would be the best investment lens for a Sony A6000 for Wildlife Photography. I have a Sony 55-210Mum kit lens at the moment...🤔

Thank you...
Might be worth a look Juan
it's on the Mark Galer site

My other half loves using the 200-600G with her a6000 (and I may have stolen it more than once). It is definitely overkill , but will take on new life if your long term plan is to jump into a full-frame body.

That said, the 70-350 is a great lens! It is absolutely worth looking into!

My other half loves using the 200-600G with her a6000 (and I may have stolen it more than once). It is definitely overkill , but will take on new life if your long term plan is to jump into a full-frame body.

That said, the 70-350 is a great lens! It is absolutely worth looking into!
Thank you, I will check them out. I had a Sigma 150-500mm for my Canon in the early days....👍

Thank you, I will check them out. I had a Sigma 150-500mm for my Canon in the early days....👍

If you still have it, it may be worth checking out the MC-11 or Metabones Canon-EF to Sony-E adaptor! It would work well for still subjects, but I wouldn't want to try it for BIF as the autofocus tends to be much slower. The 70-350 or 200-600 would be the main contenders for any BIF in my opinion. Both options also have OSS, so you'd also gain that benefit as well for far away, but still subjects. Any time I've borrowed my GF's a6000 with the 200-600 on it, I've been able to get down to about 1/200 shutter speeds while being clear, but be warned, the 200-600 is a huge, heavy lens! If you aren't used to the weight, it can take a while to build up the strength for longer shooting sessions!

If you still have it, it may be worth checking out the MC-11 or Metabones Canon-EF to Sony-E adaptor! It would work well for still subjects, but I wouldn't want to try it for BIF as the autofocus tends to be much slower. The 70-350 or 200-600 would be the main contenders for any BIF in my opinion. Both options also have OSS, so you'd also gain that benefit as well for far away, but still subjects. Any time I've borrowed my GF's a6000 with the 200-600 on it, I've been able to get down to about 1/200 shutter speeds while being clear, but be warned, the 200-600 is a huge, heavy lens! If you aren't used to the weight, it can take a while to build up the strength for longer shooting sessions!

Na long gone, I retired from my photography business and sold everything. I had a heart attack on June 3rd this year, and I needed something to do so bought the A6000 with the last penny I had. Gonna be a while if even possible to purchase a telephoto lens, but you never know might win the lottery...😂😂

Sorry to hear that! One option that I follow now with lenses is to buy them second hand. Sure, they're still pricey, but they are certainly made well now-a-days, and a good bit cheaper than new! I managed to snag a 100-400GM lens for half price, and that was fresh from a Sony Refurb (for the lens mount ring of all things), so I have definitely been lucky with it.

Good luck, and happy shooting!

Back