Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
A place to share bird images that maybe don't require their own thread. Please share yours, and remember to react to others!

Ms. Cardinal. I don't know if she's married, so Ms. seems appropriate.

DSC00093A by telecast, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is a roman non- flying pigeon shot in Rome rehoused himself in a disused part of the castle overlooking the city and Vatican, he really made it now!
rome 2022 18.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS (SEL70200G)
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 250

I love how pigeons always have that 'deer in the headlights' look!

Down by my local disused canal 😊
1394FD18-49E0-413B-A022-2A0CAE3B7DC6.jpeg

This is a roman non- flying pigeon shot in Rome rehoused himself in a disused part of the castle overlooking the city and Vatican, he really made it now!View attachment 27713

Have you watched these things eat? It's bloody ferocious! I was feeding a few of them some chips a few weeks ago, I'm saying to them 'are you going to eat, or are you just going to throw stuff?'. Crazy buggers! 😵‍💫

Bad hair day?

Is that tar or oil?

Anytime I'm near cool birds, my camera is somewhere else. Anytime I have my camera, the cool birds are somewhere else.
Well, you have more chance of seeing them in the Us than we have here in the Uk, at the moment we have bird flu in the Uk and its wiped-out large numbers of birds, and even my usual garden visitors have declined a lot, I have seen very few on the feeders or in the garden in the last 2 months

Anytime I'm near cool birds, my camera is somewhere else. Anytime I have my camera, the cool birds are somewhere else.

One day it will all come together for you Timmy, I just know it..! 😄

Last edited by a moderator:
One day it will all come together for you Timmy, I just know it..! 😄
The problem, truthfully?

I'm lazy.

I live in an area with as many lakes as anywhere in the world, including some of the largest. Lake Erie is 20 minutes away. I have large nature preserves, game areas, tens of thousands of acres of state parks, rivers, ponds, swamps, and anything else you could imagine ridiculously close to me.

We have a river, several nature paths, a small lake, and wilderness ponds right here in town. Some of my autumn shots were made a 3-minute walk from my house.

But if I never get off my butt and go out...

On the plus side, I saw a red-bellied woodpecker enjoying some of @mapleleaf56's bark butter Sunday morning, and there's a nuthatch frequenting the feeders, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Back