Followers
Following
Name
Nicholas Richardson
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
This past weekend I was out at my brother's bachelor party (it was a fishing weekend in southern Ontario) and I managed to also get some photography in!

While moving to another fishing spot, I was lucky enough to spot a Heron flying in and got my camera out in time. Not super clear due to some seriously heavy cropping (Heron was ~200 ft/60m away), but I'm happy with how the set turned out!

Taken with an A7R iii, with the 100-400GM @ 400mm, 1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 2000-4000 depending on the shot.

DSC04452-denoise-denoise.jpg DSC04464-denoise-denoise.jpg DSC04490-denoise-denoise.jpg DSC04491-denoise-denoise.jpg DSC04496-denoise-denoise.jpg DSC04500-denoise-denoise.jpg

Great shots! I bet your brother was peeved that the heron beat him to the catch! :)

Thanks! First time trying to shoot from a boat, and it's much harder than I had suspected! The Heron flew in and had a fish within seconds! I was amazed and quite lucky to see this kind of display, as in all of my years fishing, I've never seen anything like it!

And yes, there was some frustration, this was taken just before noon and the heron had a bigger fish count than I did!

Back