Breakthrough Photography X100 System

its_afox

Newcomer
Followers
Following
I have (many) questions regarding the X100 Holder system from Breakthrough Photography. I had the X100 Holder, 100mm X4 ND 6-stop filter, and a 67mm and 77mm aluminum adapter ring in my Adorama cart. I thought I was all set. Then I went out to Breakthrough’s website, and saw the magnetic filter system. I watched the video they provided but still came away confused. Are there two different X100 holders? One for the magnetic filters and one for the threaded filters? There appear to be two products called X100 Holder (I couldn’t find a model number listed anywhere). But if I grab the X100 holder from the Accessories page on the Breakthrough website, its listed in my cart as “X100 Holder (requires adapter)” and If I grab from the magnetic filters page, its listed as “X100 Holder (requires magnetic wheel)”. So are they different X100s? And would the magnetic wheel take the place of the aluminum adapter rings?

The magnetic wheels are currently out of stock, but I was considering buying the X100 holder, the ND filter, and the two aluminum adapter rings but I would like to upgrade to the magnetic wheel system once its available and I don’t understand if that would require purchasing a different X100 holder.

Thank you for any help you can provide. :) Always appreciated.

Attachments

• adorama.jpg
    adorama.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 39
  • breakthru.jpg
    breakthru.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 39
Back