Sony A6400 Camera case/bag

Leslie

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Leslie
I’m waiting for my a6400 to arrive. I bought a prime 35mm f1.8 lens. I want keep them protected but able to use a traditional backpack or water bag. Do you have any recommendations on a case or bag? Also do I store the lens separately?

Welcome aboard Leslie!
That's a great lens you chose, lightweight and versatile! is it the only one you will have? If it is the only lens you will have (or be your primary lens) I suggest leaving it on the camera for the majority of the time. Think of it like this: every time you take off or put on a lens, you've exposed the sensor, which you want to keep to a minimum. When storing, just try to keep it in a cool and dry place, maybe put some of those silica packets in the area to keep humidity under control.

As for transporting, I like keeping mine in a dedicated camera bag. I tried a cheap Sony camera bag from amazon, it was ok, but not great. I have a Peak Design 30L Every day backpack; too large and the camera kind of rolls around a bit. The perfect bag for me is a Peak Design 6L Sling. I can fit the camera with 18-135 lens attached, an extra lens (usually the 35mm), battery charger and 2 extra batteries plus two filters. The Sling gets my vote for compactness and padding as well. Peak Design is currently having a 20% sale, go check them out! (no I don't work for them lol)

Welcome aboard Leslie!
That's a great lens you chose, lightweight and versatile! is it the only one you will have? If it is the only lens you will have (or be your primary lens) I suggest leaving it on the camera for the majority of the time. Think of it like this: every time you take off or put on a lens, you've exposed the sensor, which you want to keep to a minimum. When storing, just try to keep it in a cool and dry place, maybe put some of those silica packets in the area to keep humidity under control.

As for transporting, I like keeping mine in a dedicated camera bag. I tried a cheap Sony camera bag from amazon, it was ok, but not great. I have a Peak Design 30L Every day backpack; too large and the camera kind of rolls around a bit. The perfect bag for me is a Peak Design 6L Sling. I can fit the camera with 18-135 lens attached, an extra lens (usually the 35mm), battery charger and 2 extra batteries plus two filters. The Sling gets my vote for compactness and padding as well. Peak Design is currently having a 20% sale, go check them out! (no I don't work for them lol)
Thanks! I will look into it!

Welcome aboard Leslie!

I went to Peak Design and love the sling. Thanks for letting me know about the sale too! Can’t wait!

I went to Peak Design and love the sling. Thanks for letting me know about the sale too! Can’t wait!
I too have the Peak Design Camera Strap and also the Wrist Strap as well. Great gear!

Back