Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Went for a walk in Oxleas Wood a couple of weeks ago - it's one of the oldest remaining woods in the UK and is in my local London Royal Borough of Greenwich. Oxleas Wood is an ancient deciduous forest with parts dating back over 8,000 years to the end of the last ice age. I was expecting to photograph birds, but came across this wild mustang. While I'm not a mustang fan, I thought it looked too tasty not to photograph, and it was in my favourite colour too!
mustang_oaxleyswood_bw-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 3200

Probably one of the best cars to drive for pleasure. Well done.
I couldn't agree more. The Boxster is my favourite car. This is my third (they have all been Guards Red), I really like the 981, I think this is the best Boxster. I'm not a fan of the new 4 cyclinder model. The 981 sounds fantastic when that big 6 growls and it handles like a dream (much better than the Mustang).

I couldn't agree more. The Boxster is my favourite car. This is my third (they have all been Guards Red), I really like the 981, I think this is the best Boxster. I'm not a fan of the new 4 cyclinder model. The 981 sounds fantastic when that big 6 growls and it handles like a dream (much better than the Mustang).
Yep - the 4cyl Boxster/Caymans are an abomination. They sound like Subarus.

I am partial to the n/a high revving varietals. The GT4 is from the same day.
My own fun car is a 9,000rpm n/a screamer. I cannot bring myself to part with it.

Does not sound lumpy like a Scooby or the flat 4 Porsches. my car photo was from a track day a few years back - clearly did not take this one myself. Had to buy it from the track photographer.

I have a lot of respect for tuned Subarus - I was instructing at a novice autocross event and my student had a Cobb tuned STi that made 350awhp and roughly 350 torques and that thing was really strong. They just sound awful. :D

ridge 3 11 9B324544-7CE0-4161-8D3E-8A99EE3BA1F4_1_201_a-topaz.jpeg
ridge 3 11DSC06038-topaz.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 124.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 160

Last edited:
I am partial to the n/a high revving varietals. The GT4 is from the same day.
My own fun car is a 9,000rpm n/a screamer. I cannot bring myself to part with it.

Does not sound lumpy like a Scooby or the flat 4 Porsches. my car photo was from a track day a few years back - clearly did not take this one myself. Had to buy it from the track photographer.

I have a lot of respect for tuned Subarus - I was instructing at a novice autocross event and my student had a Cobb tuned STi that made 350awhp and roughly 350 torques and that thing was really strong. They just sound awful. :D

View attachment 34961View attachment 34960
When I came to upgrade my Boxster 981, I naturally considered the 718, but I was so dissappointed with the drive, I decided to keep the 981, but I wanted a newer car with more pickup. So I ended up with with a Porsche Macan GTS. While I love the way the Macan drives, I still prefer the 981 Boxster. I also prefer the manual stick shift on the Boxster, but the Macan only comes with paddles.

macan-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 50mm F2.5 G
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100

GJF09083.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 35mm F1.4
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3