Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I am not a cat lover if it was asked of me but this cat was a really good one to own.
She in her later life would lay on the road soaking up the suns rays and car would have to go around her.
Being a typical cat she would come to you when she wanted things but until then she was her own self.
Now she is gone and I seen the photo like her made me remember her and as far as cats goes this was a cat worthy of owning.
DSC01373 - Copy.JPG
  • DSLR-A390
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 400

I am not a cat lover if it was asked of me but this cat was a really good one to own.
She in her later life would lay on the road soaking up the suns rays and car would have to go around her.
Being a typical cat she would come to you when she wanted things but until then she was her own self.
Now she is gone and I seen the photo like her made me remember her and as far as cats goes this was a cat worthy of owning.View attachment 20637
Very similar to our dear old Monty who passed away earlier this year.
Monty.jpg
  • SLT-A57
  • 75-300mm F4.5-5.6
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 800

Very similar to our dear old Monty who passed away earlier this year.
View attachment 20639
I would swear that they are the same cat. Out Catty lived to 9 years old and was a really good cat as far as cats good and I even will say I have missed her and her antics. She was sort of wild when we got her as they just had a cat that had kittens and didn't care about them. So my wife made mention of getting a cat and I went out and found her and the rest is history.

I would swear that they are the same cat. Out Catty lived to 9 years old and was a really good cat as far as cats good and I even will say I have missed her and her antics. She was sort of wild when we got her as they just had a cat that had kittens and didn't care about them. So my wife made mention of getting a cat and I went out and found her and the rest is history.
We've always had rescue cats which are all indoor cats now. (Have 3 currently)
Monty was a lovely cat and in the early days we used to take him and Poppy (a similar looking female) in to the back yard when we were there to supervise. When he was about 8 I had him out while I was attending to the washing and the next door neighbor's dog broke through the fence and chased Monty out of the yard. Poppy ran inside and Monty out towards the street. It took me about 5 minutes or so to get the dog back and by then Monty was no-where to be found. It was a hell of a time trying to locate him and unsuccessfully. While we held some hope that he would find his way back, he never did.
About 2 years ago now and a full 16 months after Mont when missing, I got home to a note in the letter box asking did we own a cat called Monty? Thanks to the microchip he had been identified by a couple who had been feeding him occasionally (as he was such a nice looking cat). He had been living in the bush close to their back fence. (At least 10 kilometers away from home and across several very busy roads and a highway)!
Well my wife and I were overjoyed and with Monty back and seemingly no worse for wear he then had to re-introduce himself to Poppy and a new addition (Olivia) who wasn't overly impressed!
Moral of the story: Keep your cats contained and microchipped.
Monty became ill early this year and the vets, despite 2 surgeries, could not find what was wrong with him. We opted to put him to sleep rather than stress him any further.
Pops 2.jpg
  • DMC-FZ300
  • 13.5 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 10/5000 sec
  • ISO 100

Poppy.

The laws of out country have changed so much and long before they did we would have our cat inside before 4 pm and she wasn't outside before 10am. Just to keep keep the wildlife safer. But now the rules have changed even more which I have no idea what they are, but I do feel they are right even if cat owners think that they are not.
I think cats now need to have a rego number but this wasn't in then but we had her micro chipped as for just the reason mentioned.
Cats have their place and this now is inside and I have noticed that I hardly ever see a cat walking about now. And this allows the owners to have a far better relationship with their cats than ever before.

Cats rule.
DSC07156 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 286.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2500
DSC07174 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm