Confirmed: Sony A7rV has a new “around” 63MP sensor

Ok it will be the same in pounds then as that is what Sony do here in Uk, it could be an option for me as at least it would drive the screw drive lenses as Sony have not given us that option on the a9 or a7iii I have at the moment, also I could shoot in crop. The file size in uncompressed at 63mp will be a card filler and fill the laptop
One thing we can be pretty certain of is that it will support lossless compressed RAW, so you don't have to worry about uncompressed RAW file size.

Would be interesting to have a nice fresh review. I know if I were to move into some of the lenses with an internal motor I could use the EA5 on the RM3, but that defeats the purpose of this wonderful old glass. I have a cheap manual adapter which works well enough for the use, I guess.

Sony doesn't seem to have any interest in updating firmware for the older bodies to use the EA5, which is a shame. I might even consider an original A7R with the adapter and a couple of Maxxum lenses as an inexpensive compact kit to leave in the car, but that type of shooting (sometimes stopped in the middle of the road and shooting out the window) requires AF, I am not comfortable setting in the road and playing with focus. I suppose I could just "f/8 and bet there" and not worry about it.
ITs still raining here Tim and I will test the lea-4 as soon as possible on the a7iii, I did mount the minolta apo 300 2.8 on the a7iii last night and on the a9, and played in doors a bit so a guess you know you only get 15 ttl focus points, you have no zone focus option, you cannot link focus points, it should be noted that the focus points are arranged in 3 cross patterns and the focus spots are small. if you play with camera menu you can get tracking to work quite well all, be it with in the 15-point area. beside that Tim the shots indoors were good only using available light and it has to be said this tracking is better on the a9, and that said the Minolta 300 2.8 apo I have is well used but produces excellent images, I easily forget how good the glass is I think some current e-mount users would be shocked

Yeah, I know they're somewhat limited. You don't need to put any special effort into this Gary, I appreciate your insight. I am not sure how much I'd want to add one due to the bulk. The 5 is so sleek it's almost transparent, I don't even notice it's there. Not sure how I'd like that big bump sticking out.

Back