Followers
Following
Name
Zé Fontes
Country
Portugal
City/State
Porto
I wonder how you guys are confirguring your custom buttons.
I particularly feel the lack of an extra dial for ISO or EV compensation. My workaround is to set C2 to go around MyDial settings but not super happy with it.

Current settings:
C1: Alternate AF modes (limited to expandable flexible spot, zone and wide)
C2: Alternate MyDial settings (wheel always SS, dial alternating between Aperture, EV and ISO (if not Auto)
AF: Hold AF/MF
AEL: Hold to start tracking

i have most of my stuff in the fn custom menu on my a6500. it is pretty accessible. the "wheel" on the back swaps ev with the down, the dials on the top do SS or A depending on mode. ISO is on the menu, since i tend to leave it on auto with a min of 100, max of 6400. i can adjust it in the fn menu easily if need be (but i try to to go past 6400 if i can help it) focus mode is on C2, focus lock is on C. fn holds metering, drive mode, awb, silent shutter, iso, dro/hdr, color profile. I don't remember if it was a default or if i set it, but the MF/AF button automatically toggles focus peaking.

Most of my stuff on the a6400 has been left as is (the Fn button,for example). The main thing I have configured is 'back button focus' and eliminated the 'focus on shutter press' function, using the AEL/AFL as focus buttons...

I wonder how you guys are confirguring your custom buttons.
I particularly feel the lack of an extra dial for ISO or EV compensation. My workaround is to set C2 to go around MyDial settings but not super happy with it.

Current settings:
C1: Alternate AF modes (limited to expandable flexible spot, zone and wide)
C2: Alternate MyDial settings (wheel always SS, dial alternating between Aperture, EV and ISO (if not Auto)
AF: Hold AF/MF
AEL: Hold to start tracking
Mostly, C1 to alternate AF modes (expandable flexible spot, wide), I didn't change much of the rest. I customized the Fn menu though.
I'm shooting most of the time in A or S mode, auto ISO, so the wheel is always doing EV comp.

The only button I programmed was C1 to be AF/MF toggle since most of my lenses do not have the physical button for it. I like Alain's idea of having one of the C buttons do AF modes, I think I will do that too.

Back