Deep sky images a6000

Astrnmrtom

Followers
Following
Name
Thomas M
Tried another series of shots through my 94mm f/7 telescope using my a6000 at prime focus. Used an intervalometer to take a series of 20-30 sec exposures at iso 3600-4000. I think in the future I'll drop it back to iso 1600-2000 because even when the 20 frames were stacked, the results were a little noisy. I'm happy with the results especially since I'm still new at this.

Pictures are of M31 - The Andromeda Galaxy. After achieving proper focus I realized I should turn the camera 90 degrees in the focuser to get the whole galaxy. I was afraid of losing focus rotating the camera so I took the series anyway. Two of the main galaxy's companions, M32 and M110 are in the field. Core is a little blown out. There's a star cloud on the left side that has it's own catalog number - NGC 206

Second is the Lagoon Nebula - M8, and is in the Southern Sky. Surrounding the bright nebula are some dark areas caused by gas and dust blocking background stars.

Third is M17, The Swan Nebula, not far from the Lagoon in the sky.

Fourth is Comet Panstarrs K2, the GIANT comet that was in the news earlier in the summer. Its sporting a short tail.

Finally, is M101, a face on spiral galaxy near the handle of the Big Dipper.

All images were stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, and had some levels or curves adjustments in Affinity Photo.

The images do show some vignetting because I haven't had any luck taking good flats to stack with. For some reason, I getting flats with gradients top to bottom.

Enjoy, Tom

M31StackedDenoisedCropped.jpg

TMSPLagoonStacked.jpg

SwanStacked01.jpg

2022JulyTMSPCometPanStarrsStacked.jpg

M101StackedLevelsDefringe01.jpg

Nice work. I have never tried a telescope or tracking software because it seems like too much work! I have tried some single night shots of summer Milky Way (Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon), but they have never turned out really well.

Your patience and investment are paying off; the first two are especially nice.

Well done! My old A6000 would have been impressed too!

Tried another series of shots through my 94mm f/7 telescope using my a6000 at prime focus. Used an intervalometer to take a series of 20-30 sec exposures at iso 3600-4000. I think in the future I'll drop it back to iso 1600-2000 because even when the 20 frames were stacked, the results were a little noisy. I'm happy with the results especially since I'm still new at this.

Pictures are of M31 - The Andromeda Galaxy. After achieving proper focus I realized I should turn the camera 90 degrees in the focuser to get the whole galaxy. I was afraid of losing focus rotating the camera so I took the series anyway. Two of the main galaxy's companions, M32 and M110 are in the field. Core is a little blown out. There's a star cloud on the left side that has it's own catalog number - NGC 206

Second is the Lagoon Nebula - M8, and is in the Southern Sky. Surrounding the bright nebula are some dark areas caused by gas and dust blocking background stars.

Third is M17, The Swan Nebula, not far from the Lagoon in the sky.

Fourth is Comet Panstarrs K2, the GIANT comet that was in the news earlier in the summer. Its sporting a short tail.

Finally, is M101, a face on spiral galaxy near the handle of the Big Dipper.

All images were stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, and had some levels or curves adjustments in Affinity Photo.

The images do show some vignetting because I haven't had any luck taking good flats to stack with. For some reason, I getting flats with gradients top to bottom.

Enjoy, Tom

View attachment 23745

View attachment 23746

View attachment 23747

View attachment 23748

View attachment 23749
Excelent work, Tom

Back