Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
It looks like Delkin Devices will be joining the CFexpress Type-A family with 80GB and 160GB cards very soon.

DCFXABLK-FRONT-SxS copy.jpg

The 160 GB will cost $364.99 in the US and the 80GB will cost $195.99. The 160GB card costs the same as the Prograde version making both around $33 cheaper than Sony's offering at this time.

The Delkin Max Read Speed is stated as 880 MB/s and the Max Write Speed: 790 MB/s. If true this makes them a little faster than both the Sony and Prograde cards which have a 800 MB/s Max Read and 700 MB/s Max Write.

Hopefully the prices will start to come down now that there's a little extra competition.

Delkin Devices 80GB BLACK CFexpress Type A Memory Card
B&H: https://bhpho.to/3oSr6va (affiliate link)

Delkin Devices 160GB BLACK CFexpress Type A Memory Card
B&H: https://bhpho.to/3JrD2fg (affiliate link)

Or, I can buy a new lens. Maybe someday these things will be appropriately priced, but right now they're just price-gouging new tech for those who must have the latest and greatest. Does anyone really think the manufacturing process on these is 8X more than an SD card?

• Admin
Or, I can buy a new lens. Maybe someday these things will be appropriately priced, but right now they're just price-gouging new tech for those who must have the latest and greatest. Does anyone really think the manufacturing process on these is 8X more than an SD card?
They are a rip off that's for sure. Especially when the Type-B cards are faster and much cheaper.

Aimed at people who claim it back on expenses, and a bit pointless given there are faster options for less money.

What's perplexing is that Sandisk is already in the game and prices haven't dropped. As one of the largest storage companies in the world I would've though that their participation would have a positive effect, but it seems to be the opposite.

I will never, ever come close to needing that kind of storage space, but if I did, I would still rather have a 1/2 dozen smaller ones.

What's that they say about eggs and baskets?

Back