Desktop computer recommendations

Karl V

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Hi all,
Looking for recommendations for a desktop computer that can handle editing via Lightroom Classic and the large file size of the a7riv. I know Apple products are very good but I am a Windows user and would be sticking with that format. I have been using an Acer Aspire slim desktop for the last couple of years and, although I have upgraded the RAM there is not much more I can do with it and it’s already waving the white flag!
i have been looking at Chillblast computers which seem to get good reviews and have plenty of options for upgrading in the future which is appealing. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?
Thanks all

I have not had any experience with that brand, but if you are using a PC you can get a lot more bang for your buck building your own rig. You can use sites like PCpartpicker https://pcpartpicker.com/ to build out a pc and check for compatibility issues with hardware. The latest rig I built I set up with a Intel I-7 -9700 CPU, 32 GB of RAM, and a decent video card. You don't need the fastest video card out there but having one with a good amount of RAM can help you with Lightroom. This guy had a nice breakdown of building a PC for Lightroom and Photoshop use. https://paulstamatiou.com/building-a-windows-10-lightroom-photo-editing-pc/

I have built quite a few computers over the 25 years, many for myself but quite a few for clients (15 years self employed computer support) and lots has changed but for those thinking of getting a new PC, think about the future and then look at the past and you will notice how things change. Personally I go for 32 or 64 ram, SSD, a good motherboard that can cope with the latest SSD and have the latest network interface. As far as Graphic Cards, you can pay over £1000 but they are made for serious gamers, £250 is the most I've paid for my systems.

I have built quite a few computers over the 25 years, many for myself but quite a few for clients (15 years self employed computer support) and lots has changed but for those thinking of getting a new PC, think about the future and then look at the past and you will notice how things change. Personally I go for 32 or 64 ram, SSD, a good motherboard that can cope with the latest SSD and have the latest network interface. As far as Graphic Cards, you can pay over £1000 but they are made for serious gamers, £250 is the most I've paid for my systems.

I might tap you up about building a tower

Back