Sony A7R III Did you consider the A7 III?

Sony A7R III Resources: Accessories | Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

guillo2

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Hi everyone,

I am trying to decide between the RIII and the III and wanted to know your thoughts on why you chose one over the other. I will do mostly landscapes, real estate, and portraiture. I’ve done football and baseball games with my old Canon.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!

I have both.

The low light capabilities of the A7iii is incredible. It’s the one that is in my hands most of the time. It has enough megapixels to perform in any situation and tends to have less noise. I know it will work in 80% of the situations I find myself in

I use my A7Riii when I know I will crop a lot or shooting wildlife so I have the ability to get all that detail.

Sometimes I bring both because I know I will be looking for the odd wildlife or shot that I want to crop. I usually throw a wide angle lens on my A7iii and my 70-200 on my A7Riii when I bring both.
they have their weaknesses and strengths and I really like both

I have both.

The low light capabilities of the A7iii is incredible. It’s the one that is in my hands most of the time. It has enough megapixels to perform in any situation and tends to have less noise. I know it will work in 80% of the situations I find myself in

I use my A7Riii when I know I will crop a lot or shooting wildlife so I have the ability to get all that detail.

Sometimes I bring both because I know I will be looking for the odd wildlife or shot that I want to crop. I usually throw a wide angle lens on my A7iii and my 70-200 on my A7Riii when I bring both.
they have their weaknesses and strengths and I really like both
Thanks Celin. If you had to pick one, it sounds like it would be the A7III. is that the case?

My decision tree was III, RIII, or RIV
I decided to go with the RIII because I wanted the megapixels to be able to do significant crops, but I didn't want the additional file size associated with the RIV's 61MP sensor. Had we been able to choose the raw size in the RIV that is what I would have gone with.

At first I planned to add the A7 III to my kit (being a Pentax shooter with a lot of bodies and lenses) but thought that since my K-3 was 24 mp APS-C, a 24 mp full-frame might not be all that much better, IQ-wise. I'm a bird shooter and of course crop a lot. For $500 more the A7 R III would give me nearly double the megapixels . . . and so that's what I acquired.

I have both. I use the AIII most of the time, but it is sure nice to have the megapixels of the A7Riii during some situations. It was enough that it made it worth it to have both. There are a lot of situations that I like having the ability to crop in rather than losing my composition or resolution. Now I don’t have to chose

Sony A7R III Resources: Accessories | Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Back