Discovering photography...again

Exileblue

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Rob
Hi all - getting back into photography after a very long break. My last "serious" camera was a Canon AE-1 programme. A few years ago my good lady got me a Nikon Coolpix B700 as a xmas present. TBH it wouldn't have been my choice however it did spark my interest and gettin' out and about taking photographs. So here I am on my Alpha 7 IV adventure. Apologies to everyone for being a PITA by asking such noobish questions ;).

Welcome!

Hi all - getting back into photography after a very long break. My last "serious" camera was a Canon AE-1 programme. A few years ago my good lady got me a Nikon Coolpix B700 as a xmas present. TBH it wouldn't have been my choice however it did spark my interest and gettin' out and about taking photographs. So here I am on my Alpha 7 IV adventure. Apologies to everyone for being a PITA by asking such noobish questions ;).
I'm new here myself, but have never believed in such a thing as a "stupid" question.

I cut my teeth with film and in many ways, I miss those days. Photography was more about having an eye, a lot of the technology now seems to negate that. Anyway, I digress, I had a break from photography of about ten years when digital was pupating into the glorious thing it is now, that still leaves me with nearly thirty years of experience, and now I feel more like a beginner than ever before.

When you stop learning, you stop living.

Welcome, by the way.

Welcome Rob and thanks for joining up here and saying hello. Please don't hesitate to fire those noobish questions at us! Like Dave said, there's no such thing as daft questions and it's the best way to learn.

Back