Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
Now I will tell you the truth it isn't the best shot and I will also tell you this is down to me rushing. Which I am known to do, but I do have a story behind this to.
Since I have had a camera I have wanted to get a shot of an Echidna in the wild. I never thought it would happen and then today after a very long walk as the road to where I wanted to be was just one mud puddle. I tried a shot distance but had to turn around or I would not have got out.
I parked close to the road and walked the 2 kilometers in to where I wanted to be and the Peregrine's were not there, So I had to walk back out.
The way up infront of me and a little too far for my lens I seen my dream upfront of me..
Taking shots as I went along and walking where I walked or I would of slipped.
The the little bugger decided to go down the other side of the Levey Back (Sorry about spelling) and I made my way there as quick as I could.
SO I was out of breath and really sore and this makes me rush my shot and when I do this I move the camera as I take the shot.
So I know what I am doing wrong but this does happen time to time. So lets hope next time I see one I would be is such a rush.
But I am still more than happy with the shots I got and I have only got one ready to post and this is it
So this is a dream come true making me like the shot even if they are not top wall hangers.
Kelso & Apex 1-06-2022 (1612).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 200

If the picture evokes a fun memory, then good for you Ralph. There will be other chances I'm sure.

A limited shot is better than no shot for those prized photo opportunities Ralph.........!

If the picture evokes a fun memory, then good for you Ralph. There will be other chances I'm sure.
This is what I have wanted for so long that really it isn't one little bit funny. Then When I thought I would never get it as I wasn't in what I thought to be the right place I get just the shot I want. Yes not the best but I can really live with this,

This is what I have wanted for so long that really it isn't one little bit funny. Then When I thought I would never get it as I wasn't in what I thought to be the right place I get just the shot I want. Yes not the best but I can really live with this,
I get it man. You know what my unicorn photo is? A Hummingbird. I feel the same way you do, but for me it would be to capture a Hummingbird [in flight/hover] in its natural habitat.

I get it man. You know what my unicorn photo is? A Hummingbird. I feel the same way you do, but for me it would be to capture a Hummingbird [in flight/hover] in its natural habitat.
That is exactly how it is and I am so pleased I am not the only one who has got this feeling for a lack of better words for it.
So happy to get it and now I need to get it far clearer which would have been good but I am so happy to be able to show a dream shot I have had in my mind for so many years finally come through.
I truly hope that you get your one Chris as it is such a great feeling.
So best of luck mate on getting your one.

Back