Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Tim I have been looking at the page and the one thing I notice which is a good thing is how you have catered for so many.
In you great idea on doing this you have got spaces even after this time that have not been used.
I know I went into one just to open it.
For me I think it might be an idea to let say keep the more popular pages open.
And the maybe Sony A77 and 77ii plus others like this be bought into a single page.
Which you have got the title for them above them . Like A-Mount Shooters and things of this nature.
I like the cards and other stuff as these are subjects that are useful but if looked at seriously they could be reduce to one page.
People coming in for the 1st time maybe overwhelmed with the navigating of the site.
Condensing a few down could make it a little more inviting
And these are only my thoughts.

This is my home and yes I may have not been posting so much of late but I have had issue but I have missed it.
And all I want to see is this page get stronger and I am not sure if my thoughts will or wont help.
Bit I rather say them than sit back and say nothing as it helps no one.
All the best mate.

Hey Aussie, thanks for your feedback! I know some of the forums aren't seeing a lot of use, especially the older A-mount forums. I might consolidate these into one forum for A-mount shooters instead of the individual camera forums. Some of the APS-C forums I might consolidate as well, especially the older models like the a5000 + a5100. The memory card forum probably isn't needed as these questions usually get asked in the camera forums anyway. So yes, there are definitely some forums that probably aren't needed and make the place look cluttered and quiet. Some of the other quieter forums I don't mind so much for now, if it's still the case come the end of the year then I might take some action here too. Thanks again for the suggestions! Glad that you are still hanging around :)

Tim the Memory card was a a for instance thing of not needing changing only.
I was looking at as you better put the older model camera's into the one page. Yep I know some flack will come from it .
But soon even as I call me Sony A7ii will be in the older group as well.
Rolling with the times has its draw backs. Though I see it still as what you have posted in these older groups will still be there.
And anything I say is as I say advice I would use myself or I wouldn't say it.

This is a good point. As a new user, things seem to be far too isolated. There are 12 separate forums for A7s, some with no posts. It might make more sense to combine them into several smaller forums, like A7 all versions, A7II all versions, A7III all versions etc. Or, possibly break them down into all first versions, all A7 S, all A7 R, etc. Same with the A9, combine the A9 and A9II.

If the goal here is to form a community then bringing folks together in discussion would be a better direction than segregating them into so many distinct forums.

This is a good point. As a new user, things seem to be far too isolated. There are 12 separate forums for A7s, some with no posts. It might make more sense to combine them into several smaller forums, like A7 all versions, A7II all versions, A7III all versions etc. Or, possibly break them down into all first versions, all A7 S, all A7 R, etc. Same with the A9, combine the A9 and A9II.

If the goal here is to form a community then bringing folks together in discussion would be a better direction than segregating them into so many distinct forums.
Cheers Tim. I agree there are probably too many a7 forums and some of these are still getting little use. I will have a think about the best way to consolidate them. Probably something like reducing them to an a7, a7s, a7r, a9, a1 and a7c forum with all iterations contained within.

Back