PimVer

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Pim Versteeg
Hi All,

recent joiner and recent new alpha shooter
can anyone tell me what the latest firmware is for the A7RlVa?
mine was delivered last week with fw version 1.0
the Dutch Sony site does not give a higher version, however when I search online I get a pointer from the UK to a version 1.2

thanks for any clarification

pim

Sony A7R4 Firmware Updates? - Sony Fixes Dirty Sensor Problem. The ILCE-9M2 Firmware Update added a function to close the shutter when you turn off the camera to prevent dust or debris from adhering to the image sensor when you change lenses. This fix has also been included on the Sony Alpha 1 (ILCE-1).
Does anyone know when or if Sony will add this fix to the A7Rm4 and the A7Rm4a camera systems that also has the dirty sensor problem?

I haven’t seen anything on the subject.

I’m not convinced it’s that good an idea, anyway. The shutter is meant to be very light so it can move quickly.

The sensor cover glass is comparatively tough - if you accidentally touched the cover glass, you would be unlikely to damage it. If you accidentally touched the shutter there would be more risk of damaging it. Bear in mind that the shutter is much closer to the front of the camera on a Sony because of the short registration distance - it’s not like a DSLR where it’s deep in the body and behind a mirror.

I’d rather clean the sensor occasionally than risk the shutter.

I haven’t seen anything on the subject.

I’m not convinced it’s that good an idea, anyway. The shutter is meant to be very light so it can move quickly.

The sensor cover glass is comparatively tough - if you accidentally touched the cover glass, you would be unlikely to damage it. If you accidentally touched the shutter there would be more risk of damaging it. Bear in mind that the shutter is much closer to the front of the camera on a Sony because of the short registration distance - it’s not like a DSLR where it’s deep in the body and behind a mirror.

I’d rather clean the sensor occasionally than risk the shutter.
My A1 has this feature and I only use it if I do not have my older M3 body around (to avoid the lens swap on the A1) and I absolutely need to swap the lens on the A1 and I am on a windy environment, only then I dig into the menus to activate the feature before the lens swap, after the swap I disable the feature again not to leave it on for too long.

Back