Name
David Nunn
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Dorset
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So, I eventually received my A7iv and spent a bit of time trying to set it up and generally playing around. In addition, the weather was rubbish so didn’t get out to try it in anger. A couple of days ago, I decided to drive up to a bit of local woodland next to some municipal football fields as I’d seen a couple of tree creepers there the day before. Sod’s law - when you have your camera though, they don’t turn up. After wandering around for a couple of hours not seeing much, I decided to head back to the car when above my head appeared a Red Kite so managed to get a couple of shots. Whilst watching the Red Kite fly off, I noticed a female Kestral over the road and decided to sit and wait to see if it came over my side. Sure enough, after about 1/2 hour it came over
DSC01730-Red Kite.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
DSC01850-Kestrals mating 4.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
and sat on one of the goal posts then hopped over onto the green post holding back the net. As it was looking right at me, although quite a way away, I focussed on it thinking I might get a couple of shots if it flew off the post in my direction. Suddenly, a male Kestral appeared and mounted the female. Although I got a few shots, they were quite distant and so heavily cropped. Never mind, it made for an interesting first outing. Just hope my luck with posing subjects holds.

Well done mate.

Nice catches David! I've yet to get a nice shot of a kestrel in the wild. I took a few last week but they were miles away, even the 61MP of the a7R IV didn't help!

Back