First picture post

erikbock

Followers
Following
Name
Erik Bock
I just got the Sony 85mm f:1.8 and I forgot how much I loved this focal length. I've only had one other 85mm it was the Nikkor 85mm f:1.4 and it went form my first MF Nikon to my last AF (And Digital). I have seriously fallen in love with this lens and I have only had it for a day. Here is the first picture I took with it on my a7IV and this is the JPEG straight out of the camera. Still learning the camera and digital for that matter but I like what I see and looking forward to getting better. Hoping to get out this weekend with my 5 year old grandson to take some more pictures. Took this one in APS-C mode.

Attachments

• DSC00127.JPG
    DSC00127.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 48
Very nice, Erik. What is this a picture of?

I am unsure, but I think it’s either a spinning wheel (turn wool into yarn), or the one you use after the spinning wheel to turn the spun wool into skeins. If it’s a spinning wheel it’s the kind you don’t see in Sleeping Beauty movies ;)

I am unsure, but I think it’s either a spinning wheel (turn wool into yarn), or the one you use after the spinning wheel to turn the spun wool into skeins. If it’s a spinning wheel it’s the kind you don’t see in Sleeping Beauty movies ;)
Ding ding ding. It is a spinning wheel. My wife is a serious knitter. If you saw all the yarn ad wool in out house you would be amazed. She just recently got this. She used to use (Well still does.) use what's called a drop spindle as well. She also has a device that clamps onto the counter to turn the skeins into balls and man that think can make a racket. I've told her I would get some straw to turn into gold but then we would have Rumplestiltskin coming to our home every night.

Very nice, Erik. What is this a picture of?
Alphaworld nailed it. It's a spinning wheel. I was just looking for something in the house to take a shot of with the lens right after I took it out of the box and this looked like something that would male a good shot.

I was born and raised in Bethany, a suburb of Oklahoma City. I moved to Southern California for a couple of years, but escaped and moved to Tulsa over 30 years ago. Hoping to move to Colorado to be closer to our daughter before to much longer.

Being from Idabel, your wife must speak good Okie! 😄

I was born and raised in Bethany, a suburb of Oklahoma City. I moved to Southern California for a couple of years, but escaped and moved to Tulsa over 30 years ago. Hoping to move to Colorado to be closer to our daughter before to much longer.

Being from Idabel, your wife must speak good Okie! 😄
She does especially when we go back for a visit. I do the same with my Chicago accent when I go back to visit.

Back