Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
Something different from my usual bird photo’s..
Extreme macro..
Tiny house fly, a moth and the face of a Cicada …
Sony A7R4 with Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro, It’s my first try using this lens and I’m pretty impressed….
750F7ED3-ED32-4E07-AB43-B3219DB6AD53.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • ----
  • 1/8 sec
  • ISO 640
88E04062-6DD4-44EE-AC9D-DB2009163931.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • ----
  • 1/8 sec
  • ISO 640
77BF1D26-C052-4FDE-8FAA-683C28CC37D5.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • ----
  • 1.3 sec
  • ISO 640

Interesting lens, I did consider it, but DOF is so shallow it's very tricky to get good results.

The only way to get good depth of field with high magnification is with focus-stacking, which can be tricky, but worth trying.

I had this lens for my Canon camera before I switched to Sony, but it developed a fault where the iris didn't stop down fully sometimes. Laowa asked me all sorts of questions before they would tell me how to get it repaired, which involved posting it back to China. I couldn't be bothered as I decided to switch to Sony at about the same time, and I just threw the lens away. Laowa's customer service is appalling.

I had this lens for a while and with a bit messing around I know you can get some really good shots, was this hand held or tripod?
Tripod….

Did you magnify the image to adjust the focus? I have found that focus peaking is more miss than hit for accurate focusing.

So far I’ve just been using my own eye …..
I’m really a novice with this lens.. I only purchased it yesterday.. but the potential is limitless…

Back