Birds Florida Sandhill Cranes

TheFloridaShooter

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Florida sandhill cranes are a non-migratory species that nests in freshwater ponds and marshes. This species is monogamous. Courtship consists of dancing, which features jumping, running, and wing flapping. Sandhill crane nests are built by both mates with grass, moss, and sticks. Females lay two eggs that incubate for 32 days. Both male and female participate in incubating the eggs. The offspring will begin traveling from the nest with their parents just 24-hours after hatching. At ten months old, juveniles are able to leave their parents. Bonding between pairs begins at two years old. I'm looking forward to focusing on photographing breeding pairs and their colts this wnter.
Camera: Sony Alpha 1 September 18, 2022. I updated the firmware and was impressed with the speed of the capture on the eye. Next to see how it does on birds in-flight compared to before

Attachments

• aDSC09655-SAI-Focus-1.jpg
    aDSC09655-SAI-Focus-1.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 23
  • bDSC09788-SAI-Focus-1.jpg
    bDSC09788-SAI-Focus-1.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cDSC09691-1.jpg
    cDSC09691-1.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 28
  • dDSC09797-1.jpg
    dDSC09797-1.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 23
Lovely images.

Great write up.

Insane camera setup... Really!!! 🥲

Last edited by a moderator:
We have Cranes here that have a close look to this one but I have no idea what they are.
But this isn't the point, these are good shots as already said and very well done.

Back