Full Moon From NW Oregon 4-15-22

i12flytoday

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Wade Garrett
Used a Sigma 150-600mm Sports with a metabones adapter to an A7RIVa. I used silent shooting and a remote with 10 sec delay. It is still a considerable crop even at 600mm.

Attachments

• Moon Cropped 4-15-22.jpg
    Moon Cropped 4-15-22.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 45
The one thing I have found with images of the moon is to darken it up a little as then you will bring out a lot more detail in the surface.
I never knew this until recently but I found the image much more pleasing to look at.
If you have a look at the shots I done of it they might help but if you like them this way you keep doing them like this as I am not sure if there is a right or a wrong way to post images of the moon up.
This is a link to one that I done a while ago. https://www.alphashooters.com/community/threads/moon-1-24am-from-my-backyard.3874/

Now that I look at it on my phone, I can see that it is a lot brighter than it looked on my computer. I still need to calibrate my display and this would be a good example of why.

Nicely done. Very much how the moon looks visually through a scope. Getting a good exposure of the moon is harder than one might expect, especially during a full moon. As long as you aren't blowing out the highlights you are usually good. The crater Aristarchus which is the bright one at 3-oclock about an inch in from the limb on your photo is one of the first to blow out if over exposed. Same with the inner rays of Tycho. There's not a lot of dynamic range on the full moon.

This month's full moon brings a total eclipse for the western hemisphere. For the Northwest, it will rise already in eclipse, but should still make for some nice imaging possibilities. If you have clear skies and try some photos be sure to bracket the heck out of your exposures.

Thanks for sharing the image.

Back