Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
I’ve been busy getting organized in the yard so I can hopefully get some good photos when the snow comes ..I’ve made a small platform feeder and disguised it so to look as natural as possible..anyway as useful the first critters on it was squirrels, I didn’t really mind as I am getting to no my new camera and lens a bit more..
68D26874-F498-41B0-9EFD-9B4845493CCB.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 582.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 1000
571E452D-1939-45FE-B3B7-842BF958031C.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 282.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 4000

Love the little Black fella! The grey is the same as the ones we have here (though strangely not at my new house!)

We don't have these cute little buggers here so I am asking cause I don't know.
Is the Black one rarer than the brown or is it a mutation of the browns.?
I wish we had these here as I really like them.

I've seen a lot of squirrels but never a black one.

Black Squirrels are color variations of Grey Squirrels, which is the one in the top photo. They are considerably smaller than the more common Fox Squirrel. It's odd, we have Fox and Grey in our neighborhood, but no black. There are plenty of blacks squirrels a block or two over.

Black Squirrels are color variations of Grey Squirrels, which is the one in the top photo. They are considerably smaller than the more common Fox Squirrel. It's odd, we have Fox and Grey in our neighborhood, but no black. There are plenty of blacks squirrels a block or two over.
Thanks for this inforation. These are not here so I have really had no need to gather info about them. But seeing this black one was as I think really special.
I know if I was where they are I would have more than a few shots of them.

Back