Followers
Following
Name
Geffrard Bourke
Country
United States
City/State
Kalispell, Montana
Taken in late from the Going-to-the Sun road in Glacier National Park. Ir was really dark after the storm that dumped a little bit of snow which added nice contrast to the dark mountain.

_A1_9504-Edit-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • E 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 A071
  • 96.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 640

My Son went to College in Montana and although my Wife has visited Glacier National Park, I've never been there. Now that I have a "Real camera", I need to go. I'm thinking it's a Bucket List item for me. What's the best time of year to go? Anyone?

My Son went to College in Montana and although my Wife has visited Glacier National Park, I've never been there. Now that I have a "Real camera", I need to go. I'm thinking it's a Bucket List item for me. What's the best time of year to go? Anyone?
You will certainly enjoy it. I would go mid to late September. The summer crowds are gone (a massive pain) and the weather is perfect. You way get a little snow on the peaks and the lighting and weather will add drama to your images.

You will certainly enjoy it. I would go mid to late September. The summer crowds are gone (a massive pain) and the weather is perfect. You way get a little snow on the peaks and the lighting and weather will add drama to your images.
As long as the weather does not add any drama to my drive. :sneaky: My wife told me last night that the road was terrifying for her.

As long as the weather does not add any drama to my drive. :sneaky: My wife told me last night that the road was terrifying for her.
No, you won’t have a problem at all. I scared of heights and it does not bother me. Slow and steady and you will be fine. Lots of pullouts along the way to stop and shoot.

No, you won’t have a problem at all. I scared of heights and it does not bother me. Slow and steady and you will be fine. Lots of pullouts along the way to stop and shoot.
I've got an idea, I'll let you drive her up there! And of course I will deny ever posting this.

I went some years ago & my mother was much the same. Would love to go back someday, was an absolutely stunning place to see. We walked on the glacier, think it was a bus tour to do that (this was probably around ‘94 so my memory is a bit rusty). Definitely worth a visit.
On a side note, I used to live in Natomas Park, not far from Elk Grove & used to work for a horse breeder in Pleasant Grove. Small world 😃

I went some years ago & my mother was much the same. Would love to go back someday, was an absolutely stunning place to see. We walked on the glacier, think it was a bus tour to do that (this was probably around ‘94 so my memory is a bit rusty). Definitely worth a visit.
On a side note, I used to live in Natomas Park, not far from Elk Grove & used to work for a horse breeder in Pleasant Grove. Small world 😃
Indeed it is!

Back