Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Getting antsy for the A7 IV, I needed an inexpensive diversion. KEH's annual one year warranty special combined with a 10% bump for trade-in value got me off my butt. Picked up a 24-240 and a A6000 to play with, both in EC. Lens came yesterday as it was an outright buy, the body is on hold awaiting my trade.

I'm not a huge fan of rangefinder style bodies nor anything with an AA filter. Reviews state that Sony's AAs are typically light and looking at the samples they appear to be on par with my Panasonic GX9, which is the trade subject. Wonderful camera that makes fantastic photos, but I hate that rotating EVF with a passion.

Interesting, the lens came in a very nice padded lens pouch with the KEH logo. I've bought many lenses from them, but never before received a case. Not sure if this is a new standard, a holiday special, or maybe only included on lenses of a certain value. Really nice touch though.

I have only ever known the rangefinder style, but since I am right-eye dominant it is comfortable holding it up to my face. I just wish the viewfinder on the APSC cameras was bigger and had more resolution.

It's odd, I have several rangefinder style film cameras and am pretty much ok with them. It may have to do with the flippy EVF on the GX9. Regardless, it's small and cheap enough to toss in a bag and take with me to work. I'm thinking that the beefier grip on the 6000 will be more to my liking as well.

The grip on the a6000 isn't terrible, but the real beefy grip comes on the a6600 because it houses the battery from the full frame lineup, but (I assume) the a6600 is too expensive for your temporary camera while you wait for the A7IV.

The grip on the a6000 isn't terrible, but the real beefy grip comes on the a6600 because it houses the battery from the full frame lineup, but (I assume) the a6600 is too expensive for your temporary camera while you wait for the A7IV.
It's more than I want to spend on an ASP-C body that's another rangefinder. I almost bit on an older A7, but this 6000 was only $400, so no big deal if I hate it. After the trade in I'm about $60 OOP, maybe less if they upgrade the trade in (and they should).

It's more than I want to spend on an ASP-C body that's another rangefinder. I almost bit on an older A7, but this 6000 was only $400, so no big deal if I hate it. After the trade in I'm about $60 OOP, maybe less if they upgrade the trade in (and they should).
Can't argue with a good deal like that!

LOL at me...ASP-C

Only missing the 'A' at the end! :ROFLMAO:

Finally heard back from them, figure they were busy between their 10% trade bump offer and the Thanksgiving weekend. They did indeed increase my trade in to Excellent +. My total OOP cost for the A6000 with tax was $58.85. Not bad at all.

Well that's crazy. The A6000 showed up today. Just took a shot and used Apotelyt's app to check shutter count.

And that includes the dozen or so shots I took before the one I checked.

That's not even a photo walk. Must've set in someone's closet most of its life.

My A7ii (BGN) also came in one of those pouches! Quite nice. A few marks but under 28 kclicks (y)

My A7ii (BGN) also came in one of those pouches! Quite nice. A few marks but under 28 kclicks (y)
Plenty of low-use cameras are out there for sure.

Back