Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
My granddaughter takes riding lessons at a local horse ranch. They like to go outside the box once in a while. They've been practicing archery from horseback. The ultimate goal would be to nock and shoot three arrows at three separate targets at a canter. I reckon if the Persians ever invade, they'll be ready.

This was in a pretty dark indoor arena. Lights were off at first, they eventually turned them on (not that it did much good). The light coming through the upper wall panels was tough, it was in almost every shot.

All with the A74/LA-EA5 and Minolta 80-200/2.8 APO HS G.
DSC09578 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09678 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09692 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09674 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09594 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09698 by telecast, on Flickr

I especially like this final image mate. Horses are very special animals, and the connection they form with their number one person is just extraordinary. Likewise for your granddaughter, I've no doubt this horse is her best friend. ❤️

No doubt they're buddies!

Very cool Tim!

When I saw the title of the thread it immediately brought to mind that sequence from Brave (I think the song behind it was “Touch the Sky“). Then I said to myself “but it won’t be horseback archery!” - delighted to see that it is!

My granddaughter takes riding lessons at a local horse ranch. They like to go outside the box once in a while. They've been practicing archery from horseback. The ultimate goal would be to nock and shoot three arrows at three separate targets at a canter. I reckon if the Persians ever invade, they'll be ready.

This was in a pretty dark indoor arena. Lights were off at first, they eventually turned them on (not that it did much good). The light coming through the upper wall panels was tough, it was in almost every shot.

All with the A74/LA-EA5 and Minolta 80-200/2.8 APO HS G.
DSC09578 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09678 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09692 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09674 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09594 by telecast, on Flickr

DSC09698 by telecast, on Flickr
Wow, you captured the story very well!

Back